Will IL give me an apartment?

NO!  Sometimes youth in agency custody are responsible enough to live in their own apartments, or other independent settings.  Neither WCCB, nor the IL program provides youth with an apartment.  There is an SIL placement program that can assist with this, as well as community resources that are available to assist such as the WCHA, but ultimately the youth is responsible for finding and securing their own apartment.  IL Social Workers can be available to assist with reviewing leases, and discussing good housing choices.  Sometimes the IL program can assist with limited expenses and in furnishing your apartment, depending on the availability of funding, if you are working towards IL goals, and with the approval of the IL Coordinator.

Show All Answers

1. When will I move to IL?
2. Will WCCB or IL pay for my college?
3. How will I do IL if my permanency goal is not APPLA?
4. Can I participate in IL services if I leave agency custody?
5. What if my court order says I have to participate in IL?
6. Will IL give me a car?
7. Will IL give me an apartment?
8. If I don’t participate in IL now, but change my mind, can I get IL services later?
9. Will IL get me a job?
10. What can I do if I feel my rights are being violated or I disagree with a decision that is made about me while I am in agency custody?
11. Can I be in agency custody and/or participate in IL services if I am married?