Can I participate in IL services if I leave agency custody?

YES!  There are Aftercare Services available to you if you are eligible for IL services and have left agency custody.  You can still attend IL Groups (as long as you can get there on your own), and can work one-on-one with a Social Worker if you keep in touch and are willing to develop an Aftercare Plan and work towards goals.  If you move to another county or state, you should contact the local CYS agency and ask for Aftercare services.  If you are not sure where to find their number, contact the IL Coordinator of Westmoreland County (724) 830-3301, and ask for assistance with finding the correct phone number in your county.

Show All Answers

1. When will I move to IL?
2. Will WCCB or IL pay for my college?
3. How will I do IL if my permanency goal is not APPLA?
4. Can I participate in IL services if I leave agency custody?
5. What if my court order says I have to participate in IL?
6. Will IL give me a car?
7. Will IL give me an apartment?
8. If I don’t participate in IL now, but change my mind, can I get IL services later?
9. Will IL get me a job?
10. What can I do if I feel my rights are being violated or I disagree with a decision that is made about me while I am in agency custody?
11. Can I be in agency custody and/or participate in IL services if I am married?