Will WCCB or IL pay for my college?

NO!  Neither the agency nor the IL program will pay for tuition no matter what.  The best way to get help with paying for college is to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at fafsa.ed.gov.  This application must be filled out, before any grant assistance with funding for college will be available to you, whether you are in WCCB care or not.  You could also and should apply for scholarships.  The IL program can assist (as long as it is approved and funds are available) with one-time expenses such as housing deposits or books, if all other funding is exhausted.

Show All Answers

1. When will I move to IL?
2. Will WCCB or IL pay for my college?
3. How will I do IL if my permanency goal is not APPLA?
4. Can I participate in IL services if I leave agency custody?
5. What if my court order says I have to participate in IL?
6. Will IL give me a car?
7. Will IL give me an apartment?
8. If I don’t participate in IL now, but change my mind, can I get IL services later?
9. Will IL get me a job?
10. What can I do if I feel my rights are being violated or I disagree with a decision that is made about me while I am in agency custody?
11. Can I be in agency custody and/or participate in IL services if I am married?