If a violation occurs, what should be done?
Phone the police immediately if the person against whom your PFA is ordered violates the PFA Order. Based on the type of violation and evidence, the police will file a complaint with the Magisterial District Judge. If the police file a complaint, the petition will proceed to the Court of Common Pleas. Once the defendant is arrested and arraigned, the victim will be notified by the Court Administrator's office of the date and time of the hearing on the violation. The hearing is held before the Court of Common Pleas PFA Judge.

Show All Answers

1. What is a PFA?
2. What is abuse under the PFA Act?
3. Who can get a PFA?
4. What can a PFA prohibit?
5. How does the PFA Process work?
6. Where do I call or go for assistance to obtain a PFA?
7. What are the steps to get a Final PFA Order?
8. What is an indirect criminal contempt?
9. If a violation occurs, what should be done?
10. What other resources are available to assist with the PFA process and counseling in domestic abuse situations?