Independence Day discounts and offers for Veterans/military
Remember to bring your and your dependents' IDs for these offers.
Active/reserve service members and families:
National Parks/Fish and Wildlife Service: https://store.usgs.gov/faq#US-Military
- Free admission to National Parks and Fish and Wildlife Service
- Available to Current US military members and the dependents of deployed military in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard, as well as most members of the Current US Reserves and National Guard. Proper military ID is required (CAC Card or DoD Form 1173).
- Obtained in person at Federal recreation sites that charge entrance or standard amenity fees.
- Covers entrance to Fish and Wildlife Service and National Park Service sites that charge Entrance Fees, and Standard Amenity Fees at Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management and Bureau of Reclamation sites.
- Admits the pass owners and any accompanying passengers in a private non-commercial vehicle at per vehicle fee areas, or the pass owner and up to additional 3 adults at sites that charge per person.
Blue Star Museums: https://www.arts.gov/national/blue-star-museums
Free admission to the nation’s active-duty military personnel and their families, including National Guard and Reserve, from Memorial Day through Labor Day. To see which museums throughout the country that are participating: https://www.arts.gov/national/blue-star-museums and click on map.
The map will be updated all summer as more museums sign up to participate. Local Pittsburgh Museums participating in the program include: Carnegie Museum of Art, Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Childrens Museum of Pittsburgh, Contemporary Craft, Frick Pittsburgh, Mattress Factory Museum of Contemporary Art, Senator John Heinz History Center, The Andy Warhol Museum. Many other museums throughout the Western Pennsylvania/Western Ohio/West Virginia area are also participating.
Additional Offers for Active, Reserve and Retired/Veterans members and families
Date: June 29 – July 4
Savings: Active duty military, retired military, veterans: FREE with valid ID.
What: Pittsburgh’s best Fourth of July party returns – and it’s so good it lasts six days! Zambelli Fireworks shows every night, the Weiner 100 dachshund race, Silver Star Meats Hot Dog Eating contest, special entertainment, and more!
Pirates tickets: http://m.mlb.com/pirates/tickets/fan-value/military-offer. Save up to $10 on tickets, Sunday-Thursday.
Heroes Support Network, https://www.heroessupportnetwork.com/the-heroes-support-network for info on discounts/free opportunities for many other Pittsburgh Area Treasures such as Kennywood, Gateway Clipper, Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium. Many of the "Pittsburgh Treasures" listed on the Heroes Support Network offer free admission or greatly reduced.
Information Tickets Tours (ITT), Updated list attached.
Provides reduced price tickets for events, amusement parks (Kennywood, Disney Land/World, Sea World, Busch Gardens, Legoland, Universal, Sandcastle, etc), Location: 911th Fitness Center, 911th Airlift Wing, business 376, Phone Number: 412-474-8245. POC: Antonio Caro, firstname.lastname@example.org