Having a place to go is HOME.
Having someone to love is FAMILY.
Having both is A WONDERFUL LIFE!
Westmoreland County Lifesharing Coalition
To increase awareness, so that Lifesharing is a commonly recognized concept for providers, Supports Coordination Organizations, individuals and the community as a whole. We aim to encourage people to expand their family circle by inviting others to share their homes, their families and their lives.
Lifesharing enables individuals with a disability the opportunity to reside with an adult or family in their private home as a fully participating member of that family. It is also...
- Living with and sharing life experiences with supportive persons who form a caring household.
- Both a close personal relationship and a place to live.
- Includes living with a companion or family who is trained and authorized to provide services that the person needs.
- Providing a supportive and caring home to someone while providing them what they need.
- NOT a replacement for one’s biological family.
Download the brochure for more information!