Upcoming Changes to HealthChoices
- First - Medical Assistance (MA) and Medicaid are the same health insurance
- Upcoming changes only apply to the Medical Assistance Physical HealthChoices program (not Community HealthChoices) not your Behavioral Health Managed care plan).
- This change DOES NOT affect you if you have Medicare and Medical Assistance!
Changes DO NOT Affect You if You Have Medicare and Medical Assistance
If you have Medicare and Medical Assistance, your Medical Assistance is with a Community HealthChoices plan.
How Will I Know if I am Affected by this Change?
Letters will be sent to all Medicaid recipients enrolled in Physical HealthChoices between May 30 June 10.
Different letters for those enrolled in a plan that will no longer be available effective August 1:
- One letter for people who MUST choose a new health plan.
- Different letter for people who don’t have to change their current plan but can if they want to.
- Letters get mailed from Maximus, the state’s Enrollment Services contractor, as best as we can tell. Letters ARE NOT coming from the CAOs.
- However, VERY important that CAOs have your current address
Download the Medical Assistance: Changes to Physical HealthChoices Managed Care Plans presentation for more information!