Westmoreland County, in partnership with Achieving True Self, is offering free trainings for the community in 2022 that will increase awareness and understanding amongst businesses, churches, community groups, recreational organizations, and local law enforcement in order to better support individuals with autism, intellectual disabilities, behavioral health diagnoses, and/or learning challenges. Together we can maximize potential and opportunities for all.
Something for everyone. Something for you. Let's connect, learn, and help make Westmoreland County more inclusive for people of all abilities.
For more information, contact Monica Minyon via email or at 724.839.3625.
Below is the current training list. Dates will be forthcoming.
- Addressing Challenging Behaviors: An introduction to the Functions of Behavior (2 hours)
- Demonstrating the Need for Teaching Self-Care and Health Relationships to Prevent Victimization (2 hours)
- Overview of Autism and ABA (3 hours)
- Strategies for Employers to Support Staff with Autism and/or Intellectual Developmental Disabilities (IDD) (1/2 day)
- Understanding Autism: Strategies for Success (1/2 day)
Also coming in Spring 2022 will be training for first responders and a training focusing on cultural competency.
Download the the flyer and the list of trainings to share!