Westmoreland Co. BHDS is seeking to fill two (2) seats on their Advisory Board.
- Professional in the field of Religion
Mission: It is the mission of the Westmoreland County Behavioral Health/Developmental Services/Early Intervention (BHDSEI) Program to provide the opportunity for each individual to choose appropriate services and supports that satisfy their behavioral health, intellectual/autism disability, and early intervention needs and which promote hope, growth, recovery, quality of life, and inclusion in his/her community.
The purpose and duties of the Westmoreland County Behavioral Health/Developmental Services/Early Intervention (BHDSEI) Advisory Board shall be the following:
- To review and evaluate the County's behavioral health, intellectual/developmental disabilities, and early intervention needs, services, facilities and special problems in relation to the local health and welfare needs, services and programs
- To recommend the appointment of the position of administrator from a list of not less than two (2) names submitted by the Advisory Board. Persons shall meet the standards of professional skill and experience as defined in Chapter 4200.33 of the Pennsylvania Mental Health and Mental Retardation Act of 1966 (relating to qualifications)
- To develop, together with the Administrator, annual plans for the program
- To make recommendations to the Westmoreland County Board of Commissioners regarding the program and other matters relating to mental health and intellectual disability services in the County, including purchase of service, contracts, and funds required to implement the program.
- To review performance under the program and to recommend a system of program evaluation, which shall be on file with the administrator, the County, and the Department.
- To perform other functions as required to support the needs of the Board and the Westmoreland County BHDSEI Organization.
To apply, please fill out this form.