(These trainings are FREE, but registration is required)
Housing First Model Training
October 19th 10AM-11:30AM
An overview of the Housing First Model which is widely use and most successful approach to services in supportive housing. Learn Housing First principles and strategies for supportive housing case managers working in the model.
- Basics of Housing First Principles
- Strategies to apply a Housing First Model and engage tenants in voluntary services
Mental Health Basics-A Deeper Dive
November 9th 1PM-2:30PM
A deeper look at the mental and behavioral health needs of persons living in supportive housing. Aimed at persons in the field with limited or no clinical expertise. Ideal for direct service workers, peer specialists, front desk, and facilities staff. Get an understanding of common mental health symptoms and how to best support tenants. Practical advice, case examples, and opportunities to ask questions will be provided.
- Identify symptoms of mental illness, including co-occurring disorders, and how to support tenants who struggle with them
- Engage tenants who are struggling with their mental health and how to de-escalate certain situations
- Create an individualized service plan with a tenant that is sensitive to their mental health
- How to engage to engage the health system to make sure tenants are getting the care they need
Trauma Informed Care/Cultural Humility
December 6th 1PM-2:30PM
Trauma Informed Care is the foundation for all service delivery in supportive housing. Learn what it means to be trauma informed, through a cultural humility lens.
- Approach service delivery from a trauma informed lens.
- Effects trauma has from a tenant and service provider perspective
- Think about what it means to be culturally humble in promoting engagement with staff and
Contact Heather Mclean for further info: [email protected] or (724) 433-1359.
Download flyer to share!