Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The Mammoth Park Giant Slide Complex will reopen Tuesday, June 15, 2021. The Complex features two, 100-foot stainless steel slides and a 40-foot plastic slide for visitors age 5-12. There is also a cargo climbing net, rock scramble, accessible walkways, scenic photo opportunities, and resting areas.
Visitors are strongly encouraged to review the facility rules posted on the Westmoreland County Parks website prior to visiting; rules are also posted at the site. Daily park hours are 9:00 a.m. to dusk.
Mammoth Park is located in Mount Pleasant Township, and is accessible via routes 981 and 982. For more information, please call Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation at (724) 830-3950 or visit www.co.westmoreland.pa.us/parks.
Safety Enhancements at the Mammoth Park Giant Slide Complex
The Westmoreland County Bureau of Parks and Recreation has made several safety enhancements to the Mammoth Park Giant Slide Complex to further improve the park experience for visitors. Enhancements made at the complex include:
• Additional rubber safety surfacing at the slide landing areas, cargo net, and traverse course rock scramble
• Installation of video surveillance cameras
• Additional signage to further explain rules and regulations, and to highlight the amenities at the site
• Cable barriers to identify traverse course rock scramble area
• Additional steps and railings to viewing areas