Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
We will hold a second walk-in COVID-19 vaccination clinic for Veterans age 75 and older on Saturday, Jan. 23, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at our University Drive campus.
• Are age 75 or older, AND
• Are eligible and registered for VHA care, AND
• Receive their VHA care at VAPHS (to include VAPHS outpatient clinics in Belmont County, Ohio, and Beaver, Fayette, Washington and Westmoreland counties in Pennsylvania), AND
• Have NOT had any vaccinations in the past 14 days.
To ensure ample parking and that we can observe COVID-19 safety measures, we ask Veterans:
• Age 75 and older whose last name begins with A-M to report between 8 a.m. and noon.
• Age 75 and older whose last name begins with N-Z to report between noon and 4 p.m.
We are providing the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine. This is a two-dose vaccination. We will schedule you to return to University Drive for your second shot in approximately 21 days. If you receive your first shot at University Drive, you must return to University Drive for your second shot. If you prefer to receive both doses at one of our outpatient clinics, please send a secure message via My HealtheVet to your clinic provider to see if you are eligible to schedule an appointment. Wait times might be lengthy at outpatient clinics.
If you are eligible and plan to attend the clinic at University Drive, please do not bring anyone into the building with you unless you need help with mobility or other issues. Wear a face covering and practice physical distancing (6 feet).
You can also contact your VA primary care provider to schedule an appointment if:
• You are an eligible Veteran age 75 or older and cannot attend the clinic.
• You are under age 75 and believe you have an underlying condition that qualifies you for the vaccine now.
Due to high call volume, we advise you to contact your provider via My HealtheVet secure messaging.
If turnout is low and we are able to open the clinic to Veterans in other age groups, we will make the announcement on our Facebook page (@VAPHS) and Twitter feed (@VAPittsburgh). This is a new process for everyone; we ask for your patience as we work to provide the vaccine as quickly, efficiently and safely to all Veterans who want it.
We cannot at this time provide the vaccine to non-caregiver civilians, including spouses and dependents, or Veterans who do not meet all three of the criteria listed above. To ensure we are able to provide the vaccine to those Veterans and their caregivers who are eligible, please do not visit the clinic unless you are eligible.
Please note: The clinic is at University Drive only. Do not report to our H.J. Heinz III campus for the walk-in clinic.