Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Veterans Day Discounts 2019, Free Meals, Resources Exclusive To Veterans:
Veterans Day is on Monday, Nov. 11, 2019. This Veterans Day discounts list will continue to be updated as the VA learns of more nationally available Veterans Day discounts, meals, or other ways businesses and organizations want to give back to veterans. Read more.
Westmoreland Veterans Affairs Director To Be Keynote Speaker For Smithton Dinner:
Matt Zamosky, director of Westmoreland County Veterans Affairs, will address those attending an early Veterans Day dinner on Nov. 2. The program, including presentation of colors and recognition of Vietnam veterans, begins at 6 p.m. at the Smithton Volunteer Fire Department social hall, 609 Center St. It’s sponsored by the Smithton American Legion Post and the affiliated Sons of the American Legion, American Legion Riders and Legion Auxiliary groups. Read more.
DMVA, PA Guard Announce Keystone State ChalleNGe Academy For At-Risk Youth:
Maj. Gen. Anthony Carrelli, Pennsylvania’s adjutant general and head of the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA), announced the new Keystone State ChalleNGe Academy (KSCA), which formally establishes the National Guard Bureau’s Youth ChalleNGe Program in Pennsylvania. In 2022, the KSCA will welcome its first class of at-risk youth ages 16-18 and provide them with an opportunity to get back on track academically and socially. The Academy will be located at Fort Indiantown Gap (FTIG) in Lebanon County. Read more.
DMVA's Gino J. Merli Veterans’ Center Holds Open House:
The Gino J. Merli Veterans’ Center (GMVC), located at 401 Penn Ave., Scranton (Lackawanna County), is holding an open house from 1 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 10. GMVC is one of six veterans homes operated by the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA).
Pennsylvania National Guard Members Eligible for New PA GI Bill Can Now Apply:
Pennsylvania National Guard (PNG) members eligible for the new PA GI Bill, or Military Family Education Program, can now apply for the program and family members can use the benefit during the 2020-21 academic semesters. Governor Tom Wolf signed the bill, the first of its kind in the nation, into law on July 1, 2019. Read more.
Pennsylvania National Guard Soldiers Deploying to Qatar:
Maj. Gen. Anthony Carrelli, Pennsylvania’s adjutant general, along with senior command group leaders, joined 19 Pennsylvania Army National Guard members assigned to the 828th Finance Management Support Detachment, 28th Finance Management Support Unit, 213th Regional Support Group and participated in a ceremony in Lebanon (Lebanon County) as they prepare for a deployment to Qatar as part of Operations Spartan Shield, Freedom Sentinel, and Inherent Resolve. These separate missions are designed to maintain a U.S. military presence in the Middle East. Read more.
Around the State
Air Force Vets Inducted Into Berks Military Hall Of Fame:
The Berks County commissioners approved the induction of two U.S. Air Force veterans into the Berks County Military Hall of Fame. The inductees are World War II veteran Herbert Schneider and Vietnam War veteran John Owen Davies. Read more.
Alumnus Who Helped Create Nittany Lion Shrine Also Accomplished WWII Veteran:
Penn State remembers and honors the life and achievements of Col. David E. Pergrin — a Penn Stater who played a key role in creating the Nittany Lion Shrine, and a veteran who served in one of the most decorated U.S. Army units of World War II. Read more.
Erie Groups Send Donations To The Bahamas:
A partnership between the Veterans Miracle Center of Erie and the Episcopal Diocese of Northwestern Pennsylvania is sending the items to hurricane victims. Read more.
Honoring Pennsylvania's Heroes:
Throughout Pennsylvania and the United States, veterans are unfortunately not having their housing needs met, and fire and ambulance agencies are falling behind with fewer volunteers and evolving challenges. Veterans deserve a home, and volunteer firefighters and EMS personnel should have the tools they need to truly make a difference and save lives. Read more.
Inaugural Expo For Veterans Set For Parx Casino:
The inaugural Delaware Valley Veterans Benefits Expo will be held Friday, Nov. 8, at Parx East, 3001 Street Rd. in Bensalem (Bucks County), to kick off the 2019 Veterans Day weekend. Read more.
Military Training Exercises In Scranton:
Seeing military personnel in blue chemical suits is not something you see every day in Scranton (Lackawanna County). The Pennsylvania National Guard Civil Support Team based out of Fort Indiantown Gap (Lebanon County) was at Steamtown National Historic Site training in case of a weapon of mass destruction. Read more.
PA Air Guard Hall Of Fame Inducts 61st Member:
The Pennsylvania Air National Guard (PAANG) inducted retired Brig. Gen. Stanley J. Jaworski as the 61st member of its Hall of Fame during this year’s annual Fall Leadership Forum. “Gen. Jaworski’s career has left and continues to leave its mark on our organization,” said Brig. Gen. Michael Regan, PAANG commander. Read more.
Remembering Area Veterans:
As a veteran of the U.S. Army and the Pennsylvania Army National Guard, one item on the “bucket list” of Reynolds Clarks has been to visit the D-Day Beaches at Normandy, France. He was able to achieve that goal earlier this fall. Read more.
U.S. Army Master Sergeant To Lead Parade:
For the first time, an enlisted member of the U.S. military will lead the Wyoming Valley Veterans Day Parade next month. Read more.
Across the Nation
2019 National Veterans Day Official Sites Of Observance:
Each year, communities across the country submit applications to be recognized as official Veterans Day observance sites. The Veterans Day National Committee recognizes select Veterans Day observances that represent fitting tributes to America’s heroes to serve as models for other communities to follow in planning their own observances. Read more.
Apple Sets Next Apple Watch Activity Challenge For Veterans Day:
Apple Watch owners will be able to earn the 2019 Veterans Day badge by doing a workout of 11 minutes or more on Veterans Day. To qualify for the award, Apple Watch owners in the United States must record any workout using the Workout app on Nov. 11. Read more.
Best for Vets – Top Colleges 2020:
Uncle Sam gives you a paycheck, covers medical expenses and picks up your housing costs when you’re in the military — but maybe the biggest benefit you can get from your service is in the classroom. Read more.
Early Registration Now Open For Student Veterans Of America Natcon 2020:
Early registration is now open for Student Veterans of America’s (SVA) annual conference. NatCon 2020 takes place in Los Angeles on Jan. 3-5, 2020. More student veterans attend NatCon than any other conference in the country, and is supported by advocates, thought-leaders, stakeholders and supporters in higher education. Read more.
Four Ways City Leaders Can Help Veterans With Employment:
Every year, roughly 200,000 enlisted service members separate from the military and begin their transition back to civilian life. For most veterans, that transition into a “new normal” also means finding a new job. Read more.
Military Veterans Find Focus, Community As Part Of PGA HOPE Programs:
Golf can be a solitary game, and unlike team sports, it’s the independence, the quiet and the freedom to play and practice on your own that appeals to many. But for some military veterans who come to the sport through PGA HOPE (Helping Our Patriots Everywhere), it’s escaping the solitude and loneliness that’s often a draw. Read more.
Quality Of Life Is Improving For Many Injured Veterans, But Health Issues Are On The Rise As They Age, Survey Says:
Wounded veterans have seen improved employment opportunities and quality of life in recent years but still face serious long-term mental health and physical health challenges, according to a new survey of Wounded Warrior Project members released this week. Read more.
ShopVCS.com – Amazing Deals For Veterans Week:
The Veterans Canteen Service (VCS) online shopping site, ShopVCS.com, just launched a huge sale for veterans and VA employees. The entire ShopVCS.com catalog is on sale Nov. 5-11 for Veterans Week, so no matter what you’re looking for, expect to land a deal on your order. Read more.
War Wounds Didn't Deter These Marine Corps Marathon Runners:
The Band of Brothers is always there for each other, and that couldn’t be more evident than during this year’s Marine Corps Marathon, held Sunday in Washington, D.C. During the rain-soaked event, former Marine Rick Peacor paired up with injured fellow Marine Manny Jimenez to run the 6.2-mile course. Read more.
This listing is offered as a resource to both Pennsylvania's veterans and businesses that seek to employ veterans. The DMVA has not investigated the positions being offered or the businesses listed, and does not warrant or guarantee either the availability or the terms and conditions of the positions listed. Please contact the employers represented in this listing directly. To have an employment opportunity listed please email: [email protected]
Should Companies Look To Future Skills Instead Of Just Resumes When Hiring Veterans?:
Many companies still struggle to translate military skills into corporate assignments, but retired Army Lt. Col. J.C. Glick argues that most business leaders would be better off focusing on what veterans can learn rather than what they have already done. Read more.
.Duquesne University Campus Police Officer Position:
Duquesne University, Pittsburgh (Allegheny County) Department of Public Safety has an opening for a police officer. The Duquesne University Police Department (DUPD) is a 32 member police department located on Duquesne University’s campus. This position offers good pay and excellent benefits. For more information, requirements for this position, or to apply, please go to the Human Resources Website.
Dayton Parts Is Looking For Veterans (Dauphin County):
Dayton Parts, a manufacturer of heavy duty leaf springs for trucks and trailers is looking for candidates to fill manufacturing positions on three different shifts. No experience necessary. Starting rate is $15.75 ($16.01 after 90 days). Candidates can apply at website or pick up an application at 1300 North Cameron St., Harrisburg, PA (Dauphin County)
Employer And Provider Seminar:
- Nov. 7, 2019, 1-3 p.m.- 2040 Ardmore Blvd., Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County)- Registration is required and seating is very limited. Please R.S.V.P. to Stefanie Doyle at [email protected] - Please join PA CareerLink® Allegheny East for an employer and service provider seminar as part of Veterans and Military Community Appreciation Month. Professionals will present employment topics.
Houck Services, Inc. Is Hiring Roof Maintenance Laborers:
Houck Services, Inc., Harrisburg (Dauphin County) one of the area’s leading commercial and industrial specialty contractors, is looking for self-motivated laborers from the Harrisburg and York areas to join the roof maintenance department. Construction and commercial roofing experience is preferred but not required. A reliable means of transportation is required, and a valid driver’s license is preferred. Pre-employment drug testing and physical is also a requirement for candidates. Apply.
Pennsylvania Crisis Response Team Project Coordinator:
This position serves as the project liaison to the statewide advisory committee and is responsible for coordinating deployments, supporting volunteer team members, supervising full and part-time staff, attending various local and state meetings as a project representative and involves tasks such as grant writing, grant reporting, and planning the biennial statewide conference. Competitive salary and excellent benefits. Applicants must send a cover letter with salary requirements in addition to their resume to [email protected].
State Funding Helps Lycoming County Manufacturing Company Expand, Supporting Nearly 60 Jobs:
Governor Tom Wolf announced Hermance Machine Company, a family-owned and operated manufacturer and distributor specializing in woodworking and wood product manufacturing equipment in Williamsport, Lycoming County, will expand, supporting the combined retention and creation of 57 full-time jobs in the area. Read more.
- Residential CDL Driver In Greencastle, PA (Franklin County)- Text WASTE to 51893 or call 1-877-220-5627 for more information- Requirements: Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with an air-brake endorsement. One year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last seven years. Waste Management has been recognized as Best Employer of Veterans by the G.I. Jobs and CivilianJobs.com.- Apply.
Government Contracting Opportunities For Veterans (Lunch & Learn):
- Nov. 5, 2019, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.- WeWork, 1601 Market St. ,18th Floor, Philadelphia, PA (Philadelphia County)- Point of contact: Shannon Degiglio at 610-382-3082 or email [email protected] - Join Bunker Labs and the U.S. Small Business Administration for a lunch and learn focused on obtaining set-aside contracts for veteran owned businesses. Lead business opportunity specialist, Jennifer Tilden will be sharing information. Offered at no cost to veterans.- Register.
Pennsylvania CareerLink Lehigh Valley-U.S. Military Veterans Employment & Education Fair:
- Nov. 6, 2019, 2:30-4:30 p.m.- 555 Union Blvd., Allentown, PA (Lehigh County)- Point of contact: Doug Monroe at 610-841-1031 or email [email protected] - This event is open to veterans, spouses and dependents. Meet with recruiters from a variety of businesses. Learn more about resources available to you and your family.- Read more.
Veterans' Expo & Job Fair:
- Nov. 7, 2019, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.- Farm and Home Center, 1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster, PA (Lancaster County)- Any questions, call 717-285-1350 or email [email protected] - The Veterans’ Expo & Job Fair is intended for active military and veterans of all ages, men and women, from all branches of service and their families. The Expo is being held to ensure that eligible individuals are aware of the benefits they have earned. Meet and talk to exhibitors who are interested in your wellbeing and represent businesses, community service providers, healthcare professionals, VA benefits organizations and education/training providers. Website.
Veterans Employment Event (Luzerne County):
- Nov. 13, 2019, 3-6 p.m.- 32 E. Union St., Wilkes-Barre, PA (Luzerne County)- Point of contact: Scott Koppenhofer at 570-822-1101 or email [email protected] - There will be employers, representatives from local businesses and veteran service organizations on-site to assist you with employment and benefit questions. Some of the topics that will be addressed: VA claims questions, interviewing and resume assistance, housing, low income assistance and employment opportunities!
This listing is offered as a service to individuals and organizations to promote their veteran and military-oriented events being held in Pennsylvania. The information is taken directly from emailed submissions from requestors. DMVA is not responsible for incorrect information submitted. Please send details on events to [email protected] and include the following key pieces of information: 1. Name of event, 2. Date of event, 3. Time of event, 4. Address of event, 5. County of event, 6. Event website, 7. Point of contact name, 8. POC phone number, 9. POC email address, and 10. Additional details/coordinating instructions (fees, pre-registration, etc
Veterans Appreciation Breakfast:
- Nov. 2, 2019, doors open at 7:45 a.m. for check-in and the event is from 8:30-10:30 a.m.- Upper Perkiomen High School, Two Walt Rd., Pennsburg, PA (Montgomery County)- Seating is limited. Veterans may register themselves and one guest by contacting Senator Mensch's office at 215-541-2388 or Online. - Please R.S.V.P. by October 25. Join Sen. Mensch for breakfast to honor the military men and women who have served the country. The Keynote Speaker will be Maj. Gen. Anthony Carrelli, Pennsylvania's adjutant general and head of the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.
Original Mini-Stand Down Benefits Veterans (Montgomery County):
- Nov. 2, 2019, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.- Douglas (MontCo) Municipal Park, 31 Park Ln., Gilbertsville, PA (Montgomery County)- To donate your time or any personal items, please contact the Veterans Coalition of Pennsylvania at 610-372-8267 of email [email protected] - Clothing, a hot meal and more will be available for free.- Read more.
PIA School For Aviation Maintenance & Electronics Open House:
- Nov. 2, 2019, 11 a.m.- Pittsburgh Main Campus, 5 Allegheny County Airport, West Mifflin, PA (Allegheny County)- R.S.V.P. by calling 1-800-444-1440 or Register. - Bring family and friends to this event! You will explore the power of PIA’s programs and facilities, interact with proud PIA students and instructors, learn about the demand for aviation professionals and discover the possibilities through a PIA education.- YouTube video.
Veterans Town Hall (Berks County):
- Nov. 6, 2019, 6-8 p.m.- Academic Forum Room, AF 102, Kutztown University, 15200 Kutztown Rd., Kutztown PA (Berks County)- Any questions, call 484-646-4145- Hear updates from U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) leadership and community veteran organizations. Ask questions and provide feedback on VA services.
Family Game Night:
- Every Wednesday Starting Nov. 6 until Dec. 18, 2019, 6-730 p.m.- Harrisburg Vet Center, North 2nd St., Harrisburg, PA (Dauphin County)- To sign up, call Meg Taylor 717-782-3954- Please join a night of laughs, fun, and unforgettable memories. Open to those who have served on active military duty in any combat theater or area of hostility, experienced military sexual trauma, provided direct emergency medical care or mortuary services to casualties of war.
Boots To Business Reboot:
- Nov. 7, 2019, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.- Center for Business Ingenuity, 900 State St., Erie, PA (Erie PA)- Point of Contact: Jonathan Bennett at 412-395-6560, Ext. 107 or email [email protected] - Boots to Business Reboot is an entrepreneurship education and training program offered by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). This course is free for veterans of all eras, active duty service members (including National Guard and Reserve), and spouses are eligible to participate.- Website.
Veterans’ Expo 2019 Hosted By PA State Senator Katie Muth:
- Nov. 7, 2019, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.- Greater Philadelphia Expo Center, 100 Station Ave., Oaks, PA (Montgomery County)- To reserve lunch tickets, please R.S.V.P. by Nov. 1, 2019, to [email protected] or call 610-792-2137- Lunch will be provided to veterans and one of their guests. Sen. Katie Muth will be hosting the Veteran's Expo. this is open to all veterans and family members. The purpose is to offer resources and services accessible through state agencies, local organizations and businesses.- Website.
- Nov. 7, 2019, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.- Farm and Home Center, 1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster, PA (Lancaster County)- Point of contact: Kimberly Shaffer at 717-285-8123 or email [email protected] - Read more.
Senior Veterans Resource Fair:
- Nov. 7, 2019, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.- InnovAge LIFE, Germantown Center, 6950 Germantown Ave., Philadelphia, PA (Philadelphia County)- R.S.V.P. by Oct. 31, 2019, to 855-898-5030 or email [email protected] - Veterans and their caregivers are invited to LIFE Germantown to learn about community resources for veterans. Tour the LIFE center and meet participants from the Veteran’s Club, learn about NewCourtland housing for veterans, visit with community agencies and elected officials and enjoy food and giveaways. Special guests State Rep. Stephen Kinsey and Chris Rabb.
Veterans' Expo (Montgomery County):
- Nov. 7, 2019, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.- The Greater Philadelphia Expo Center, 100 Station Ave., Oaks, PA (Montgomery County)- Point of contact: Nikki Whitlock at 610-792-2137 or email [email protected] - Come for an expo meant to provide resources, services, and assistance to Pennsylvania veterans and their families. To reserve lunch tickets, please R.S.V.P by Nov. 1 to [email protected] or call 610-792-2137.- Website.
Suicide Prevention Task Force Listening Tour — November Event Dates:
- Nov. 7, 2019, 5:30 p.m., Jewish Healthcare Foundation, 650 Smithfield St. #2400, Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County)- Nov. 8, 2019, 10 a.m., Slippery Rock University, Robert Smith Student Center, 107 Central Loop, Slippery Rock, PA (Butler County)- Nov. 15, 2019, 10 a.m., Radnor Township Building, 301 Iven Ave., Radnor, PA (Delaware County)- Nov. 20, 2019, 10 a.m., State College Municipal Building, 243 South Allen St., State College, PA (Centre County)- In May 2019, the Wolf Administration announced a first-of-its-kind, statewide Suicide Prevention Task Force to develop Pennsylvania’s statewide suicide prevention plan. The public’s voice will help task force members shape a statewide suicide prevention plan, which will include recommendations, not only for state government, but for stakeholders and communities, to carry forward and implement.- Register.
Vet Center's Open House (Lancaster County):
- Nov. 8, 2019, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.- 1817 Olde Homestead Lane, Lancaster, PA (Lancaster PA)- A pancake breakfast will be provided. Please R.S.V.P. by phone to 717-283-0735
Veterans Breakfast Hosted By State Rep. Tom Mehaffie:
- Nov. 8, 2019, 8-10 a.m.- Lower Swatara Fire Department, 1350 Fulling Mill Rd., Middletown, PA (Dauphin County)- Seating is limited and registration is required. R.S.V.P. by calling Rep. Mehaffie's Office at 717-534-1323 by Oct. 28, 2019- Veterans and U.S. military personnel residing in the 106th District are invited to join for an appreciation breakfast and patriotic program. State-related veterans information will be distributed at this event. Worn, torn or defaced flags will be accepted at the event for proper retirement.
Veterans Benefit Expo:
- Nov. 8, 2019, 2-8 p.m., opening ceremony 1:45 p.m.- Park-East Racetrack Bldg., 3001 Street Rd., Bensalem, PA (Bucks County)- Over 50 exhibit tables and three breakfast sessions. Admission is free and the event is open to all veterans, spouses, widows and children living in the Delaware Valley.- Read more.
2019 PNGAS Veterans Benefit Day:
- Nov. 9, 2019, 09:30 a.m.-4 p.m.- Lancaster County Convention Center, 25 South Queen St., Lancaster, PA (Lancaster County)- FREE, but registration is required! Open to all veterans, members of the Guard and their families.- Website
Perry County Memorial Wall:
- Nov. 9, 2019, 1 p.m.- Perry County Memorial Wall in Marysville, PA (Perry County)- Point of contact: James D. Scott at 717-582-5133- Wreaths will be presented at the Perry County Memorial Wall in Marysville, Perry County, PA. Pennsylvania State Rep. Mark Keller will be speaking and the Perry County Honor Guard will be honoring with a 21 gun salute.
American Legion 338 And Disabled American Veterans Delco Chapter 113 Open House (Delaware County):
- Nov. 10, 2019, Noon-4 p.m.- 2200 Grasslyn Ave., Havertown, PA (Delaware County)- Point of contact: Joseph Pinhak at 414-800-5582 or email [email protected] - In honor of Veterans Day, the public is invited to come out and meet the members of the American Legion and Disabled American Veterans organizations to learn about their missions, as well as programs offered to the community. Light refreshments will be served.
Gino J. Merli Veterans’ Center Holds Open House:
- Nov. 10, 2019, 1-4 p.m.- Gino J. Merli Veterans' Center, 401 Penn Ave., Scranton (Lackawanna County)- For more information about admissions at GMVC, contact the admissions coordinator at 570-961-4348- The public is invited to the Gino J. Merli Veterans’ Center (GMVC) for an open house event. GMVC is one of six veterans homes operated by the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA).- Read more.">Website.
Veterans Day Open House And Meet The Rep:
- Nov. 11, 2019, 9-11 a.m.- 2400 S. 9th St. (at Ritner Street), Philadelphia, PA (Philadelphia County)- Point of contact: Patrice Jeppson at 215-271-9190 or email [email protected] - Get help with Pennsylvania services and share your interests and concerns with your State Rep. Elizabeth Fiedler.
2019 Veteran’s Day Health And Wellness Fair:
- Nov. 11, 2019, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.- Cranberry Municipal Center, 2525 Rochester Rd., Cranberry Twp., PA (Butler County)- Point of contact: Annie Cairns at 724-934-9700, Ext. 18- The Pittsburgh North Regional Chamber’s Annual Health and Wellness Fair brings local providers of lifestyle goods and services together for a day of learning and celebrating healthy living. Explore a variety of booths from Pittsburgh North’s many health and wellness organizations, receive free screenings, and support veterans and military in honor of the 2019 Veterans Day. The first 100 vets to attend the event (the event is free to the public) will receive a gift of appreciation.
Delaware County Annual Veterans Day Parade:
- Parade will start at the intersection of Jackson and State streets and end in front of the Delaware County Courthouse in Media, PA (Delaware County)- Nov. 11, 2019, 11:11 a.m.- Point of contact: James A. Ziegelhoffer at 610-357-7581 or [email protected] - Please join us for one of the largest and best known Veterans Day parades in the tri-state area.- Website.
Boots To Business – Reboot Schuylkill County:
- Nov. 12, 2019, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.- Penn State Schuylkill Campus, 200 University Drive Classroom Bldg. 101, Schuylkill Haven, PA (Schuylkill County)- Point of contact: Shannon Degiglio at 610-382-3082 or email [email protected] - Boots to Business Reboot is a two-step training program that provides participants an overview of business ownership as a career vocation, an outline and knowledge on the components of a business plan, a practical exercise in opportunity recognition, and an introduction to available public and private sector resources. Step one is the Introduction to Entrepreneurship course eligible to veterans of all eras, service members (including members of the National Guard and Reserve) and their spouses. The course is offered at no cost to the veteran, spouse, or family member. Lunch provided through sponsorship from Tompkins VIST Bank.- Website.
Give Veterans A Smile Day Free Dental Care:
- Nov. 12, 2019, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.- Community Volunteers In Medicine, 300 B Lawrence Dr., West Chester, PA (Chester County)- If interested in making an appointment, please call: Albert Landis at 610-836-5990, ext. 107- Procedures offered: cleanings, panorex, fillings, extractions, X-rays and periodontal scaling
Peace For The Soul Interfaith Service:
- Nov. 12, 2019, 4 p.m., Fellowship and Welcome; 4:15 p.m. Healing Interfaith Service; 5:45 p.m., Dinner & Community Resources- Tree of Life Church, 1492 Linglestown Rd., Harrisburg, PA (Dauphin County)- For more information or to register, call 717-732-1000- A healing interfaith service to acknowledge and recognize veterans and those who care about them. Service to include Hospice of Central PA, professional resources from the Lebanon VA Medical Center to address post traumatic stress injury and life altering traumatic events, Dauphin County veterans affairs director, and more.
Veterans Entrepreneurship Panel Discussion:
- Nov. 12, 2019, 6-7:30 p.m.- Happy Valley LaunchBox, 224 South Allen St., State College, PA (Centre County)- Point Of Contact: Amy Pollock At 814-863-5880 or email [email protected] - The military teaches lifelong skills, and many of which are transferable in becoming an entrepreneur. Hear from a panel of local veteran business owners on how they successfully started their own businesses. Registrations are encouraged but walk-ins are welcome for this free event.- Website.
Senator Bartolotta’s Veterans Resource & Job Fair:
- Nov. 13, 2019, 10 a.m.-Noon- Washington County Fair, Building #2, Washington, PA (Washington County)- Any questions please contact 724-225-4380- Please join me for a day filled with valuable information on education, health care, mental health, housing, family support and other relevant veterans-related topics. This is a unique opportunity for the greater Washington community to show its support for veterans.
University Of Pennsylvania Athletics Military Appreciation Football Game Vs. Princeton:
- Nov. 23, 2019, 1 p.m.- 235 S. 33rd St., Philadelphia, PA (Philadelphia County)- Point of contact: Pete Freudenberger at 215-898-3620 or email [email protected] - Through the generosity of Penn Football fans and the Seats for Soldiers program complimentary tickets are available for veteran and active duty military personnel.- Get your tickets.
Southeastern Veterans’ Center Holding Weekly Tours For The Public:
- 10 a.m. each Wednesday (except Christmas Day and New Year’s Day)- Southeastern Veterans’ Center, One Veterans Drive, Spring City, PA (Chester County)- For more information about admissions at SEVC, contact the admissions coordinator at 610-948-2406- The public is encouraged to stop by to take a tour, meet the staff, and experience the comradery of living with fellow veterans. The Southeastern Veterans’ Center is one of six veterans homes operated by the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA).- Read more.