Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
135th Annual Memorial Service In Latrobe:
- May 25, 2019, 7 p.m.- Latrobe United Methodist Church, 440 Main St., Latrobe, PA (Westmoreland County)- Point of contact: Barry Novosel, Cmdr American Legion, Post 515 at 724-537-6061 or email [email protected] - This service orginated in 1884 by the Grand Army Republic (GAR) P.A. Williams Post #4 (Westmoreland County) and upon their post disolvement was passed to the Thomas B. Anderson American Legion Post 515.
Veteran And Armed Forces Career And Resource Fair – Pittsburgh Region:
- June 5, 2019, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.- Omni William Penn Hotel, 530 William Penn Place, Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County)- Free Career and resource fair open to all service members, veterans, dependents, and spouses. This event will host over 80 employers and resource organizations. Some of the city's largest employers have opportunities waiting for you, from entry-level roles to advanced roles.- Register.
Big Band Dance Set At West Overton’s Big Barn:
- May 25, 2019, 5:30-8 p.m.- West Overton's Big Barn, 109 W Overton Rd., Scottdale, PA (Westmoreland County)- Any questions please call 724-887-7910.- West Overton Museums will host a World War II victory ball dinner dance to honor local veterans and raise funds for new education programs. Tickets for the Memorial Day weekend event are $40 and include dinner and two-hour open bar. Tickets for military veterans are $30, and admission is free for World War II veterans (with registration).- Website.
Adjutant General Attends 28th Infantry Division Memorial Service in Boalsburg:
Maj. Gen. Tony Carrelli, Pennsylvania’s adjutant general and head of the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, attended the Pennsylvania National Guard’s 28th Infantry “Iron” Division Annual Memorial Service in Boalsburg, Centre County. Read more.
DMVA Still Looking For Seven Photos Of Pennsylvania Veterans Who Paid Ultimate Sacrifice In Vietnam:
To further honor and preserve the memory of our veterans for future generations, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund in Washington, D.C. is leading an initiative to locate a photo for every U.S. service member who died during Vietnam. Please help find the remaining seven photos from Philadelphia County. For information on how to submit a photo Read more.
Event Honors Surviving Family Members:
Fort Indiantown Gap Survivor Outreach Services honored surviving family members of fallen service members during a survivor recognition event recently. The event honored and remembered 27 fallen soldiers of the Pennsylvania Army National Guard and service members of every branch and component, with 72 surviving family members in attendance. Read more.
Four DMVA Veterans Homes To Hold Open Houses Throughout The State In June:
The public is invited to four open houses at DMVA's veterans homes during the month of June: Hollidaysburg Veterans' Home in Duncansville (Blair County) will hold an open house on June 11 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.; Gino J. Merli Veterans' Center in Scranton (Lackawanna County) will hold an open house on June 12 from 1-4 p.m.; Pennsylvania Soldiers' & Sailors' Home in Erie (Erie County) will hold an open house on June 12 from 1-4 p.m.; and Southeastern Veterans' Center in Spring City (Chester County) will hold an open house on June 13 from 6-8 p.m.
The Gap Is 'A Jewel' In Guard, Reserve Training:
Chinook and Black Hawk helicopters frequently fly over the Pennsylvania adjutant general's residence, a white home with green trim, located next to the shores of Memorial Lake (Lebanon County). Several passed overhead, leaving from and returning to nearby Fort Indiantown Gap, when, earlier this month, Maj. Gen. Tony Carrelli welcomed the participants in the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve's Boss Lift program for a picnic on an idyllic spring day. Read more.
Around the State
2019 Pennsylvania Veterans Beer Release Details:
“Hurry Up And Wait,” an 8.0 percent Double IPA brewed by Pennsylvania veterans in support of Pennsylvania veterans will be on draft at 22 select breweries throughout the state. A portion of proceeds from this beer will be donated to the Pennsylvania Veterans Foundation. Read more.
5 Questions – Carlisle Woman Works Eight Years To Gain Approval For Women Veterans License Plates:
There’s a new Pennsylvania license plate option for women veterans and those wishing to honor them. The “Honoring Our Women Veterans” registration plate recently became available thanks to the work of Cumberland County resident Cindy Good. The plates cost $35 of which $15 will be paid to the Veterans Trust Fund. Read more.
Army Heritage Days Remembers D-Day Soldiers On 75th Anniversary:
According to lecturer John Kennard, whose father participated in the D-Day landing at Normandy, France during World War II, June 6, 1944 might have been the most pivotal day of the 20th Century. John Kennard’s harrowing description of the fight from the beaches of Normandy to Pointe du Hoc was just one of the U.S. Army Heritage Education Center’s no-holds-barred effort to remember D-Day shortly before its 75th Anniversary. Army Heritage Days is a popular and free annual event at the Army Heritage Education Center (Cumberland County) that draws thousands for reenactments, presentations, exhibits and displays. Read more.
Giving America’s Servicewomen Past And Present What They Need Is Long Overdue:
U.S. Rep. Chrissy Houlahan, D-Pennsylvania, left the Air Force in 1991 because she and her husband could not afford to pay for child care, and things have not since changed for women serving in the military. Other issues ranging from how the military deals with sexual assault to how well the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) assists female veterans with health care needs to be addressed. Read more.
House Of Heroes Has Beds Available In Dauphin County:
House of Heroes is meant to serve as transitional housing for women to acclimate from military to civilian life. More often than not, this can be a difficult time for veterans, so housing accommodations range from a six to 18 months stay, providing a many benefits, which include PTSD support groups, life skills classes, recreational therapies, weekly counseling, and more. Please contact Ally Murr at 717-884-5493 or email [email protected] for more information.
Memorial Day Parades And Ceremonies In Central PA:
Memorial Day, held annually on the last Monday of May, commemorates those who died while in military service. Here are some of the parades and ceremonies being held in central Pennsylvania, leading up to and being held on May 27, 2019. Read more.
PA National Guard Family Discusses Troop's Mission, Missing Loved Ones:
Five hundred Pennsylvania National Guard families are missing their loved ones this summer, as they serve overseas. The unit is supporting NATO's Enhanced Forward Presence Mission in Poland. "Sept. 11, 2011, since it was the 10th anniversary, he had seen some ads," said Lisa Kramer. "He said, 'I need to go back. This is my calling and I really need to do it." That was the day Lisa Kramer remembers her husband Evan Kramer decided to re-join the Pennsylvania National Guard. Read more and watch video.
Plaque To Honour Ulster-Born U.S. Medal Of Honor War Hero:
A Co Down war hero who was awarded America's highest military decoration is to be recognised in his home town of Ulster, PA (Bradford County). Joseph "Colonel Joe" Henry Thompson is the only Ulster recipient of the United States Medal of Honor for bravery and courage during the First World War. His citation recalled how he encouraged his battalion on the front line amid the heavy fire of machine-guns and artillery. Read more.
Veterans Don’t Need To Pay For Help To Apply For Benefits In PA:
Westmoreland County’s director of Veterans Affairs is reminding veterans that applying for benefits should never come with a fee. “Veterans’ benefits are something that really aren’t supposed to be monetized,” said Matt Zamosky, one of 200 accredited veteran service officers working in Pennsylvania. Read more.
WITF Memorial Day Programing:
Celebrate Memorial Day with WITF from Thursday, May 23 through Monday, May 27. From honoring veterans, to telling stories that help to better understand the military history of the United States, WITF has a pipeline of veterans and military programming dedicated to patriotism and storytelling tied to military service. WITF is an award-winning public media news team reaching more than 17 counties in central PA. Visit the WITF tv schedule.
Across the Nation
Only 55 Percent Of Americans Know Why The Nation Marks Memorial Day, Survey Finds:
Only 55 percent of Americans know what Memorial Day is about, and only about one in five plan to fly a flag at half-staff or attend a patriotic event on May 27, according to a Harris poll survey commissioned by the University of Phoenix. The survey, conducted among 2,025 adults, showed that only 28 percent had attended a local ceremony or patriotic event on a previous Memorial Day. Read more.
These Nonprofits Are Teaming Up To Help Vets Struggling With Financial Issues For Free:
Two nonprofits just partnered up to give veterans free access to financial and home-ownership counseling. The initiative is a collaboration between HLP, which specializes in helping families with their housing woes, and VeteransPlus, which gives vets the necessary education to become financially literate. “We all hit different bumps in life,” said HLP President and CEO Mark Cole. Read more.
Turning U.S. Submarine Tragedies Into Living Memorials:
An artificial reef will be created over the next few months honoring the 65 submarines and more than 4,000 submariners lost at sea since the Navy’s undersea force was created in 1900. Scattered across the world’s oceans, these boats are said to be on “Eternal Patrol” because they never came back. Read more.
U.S. Department Of Veterans Affairs (VA) Launches Community-Focused Public Health Model To Prevent Veteran Suicide:
The VA Office of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention (OMHSP) and VA Midwest Health Care Network (Veterans Integrated Service Network [VISN] 23) have been working with academic researchers from the University of Pittsburgh’s Program Evaluation and Research Unit (PERU) to spearhead a community-based program as one of many efforts aimed at lowering the rate of veteran suicide. Read more.
VA’s Home Loan Guaranty Program Notifies Veterans Of Potential Loan Fee Waivers:
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced that veterans who qualify for a VA Home Loan funding fee waiver are now being notified in their home loan eligibility certificate and disability compensation award letter. Read more.
VA’s National Cemeteries To Host Memorial Day Ceremonies:
The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs’ (VA) National Cemetery Administration (NCA) will host Memorial Day ceremonies from May 25 to May 27 to commemorate the nation’s fallen service members. “At VA, we honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice by providing them with a perpetual memorial in our national cemeteries,” said VA Secretary Robert Wilkie.” Read more.
VA’s Voluntary Research Genetics Program Reaches Major Milestone With 750,000 Veteran Partners:
In its journey to improve the lives of veterans through health care research and innovation, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) recently reached a major milestone with enrollment of its 750,000 veterans partner in the Million Veteran Program (MVP), a national, voluntary research initiative that helps VA study how genes affect the health of veterans. Read more.
This listing is offered as a resource to both Pennsylvania's veterans and businesses that seek to employ veterans. The DMVA has not investigated the positions being offered or the businesses listed, and does not warrant or guarantee either the availability or the terms and conditions of the positions listed. Please contact the employers represented in this listing directly. To have an employment opportunity listed please email: [email protected]
Here’s How To Turn Your Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Into A Civilian Health Care Career:
Here’s the truth: Your military medical occupation training provided you with top-notch education and experience that most civilian programs cannot. You’ve not only received traditional instructional training, but you’ve learned and practiced in some of the best medical labs with the latest simulation technology available. Most importantly, your training gave you real-world, high-pressure experience that cannot be duplicated in traditional civilian training programs. Read more.
Hertz Is Hiring:
Hertz is hiring at the Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Scranton airports. They are in need of a diesel mechanic in Philadelphia as well as an auto mechanic in Pittsburgh. Apply to the position first and follow up by sending an email to Erica Schwarz at [email protected] to guarantee priority consideration. Apply!
The Job Of Preventing Suicides One Case At A Time:
Lynn Worley and Carrie Musselwhite are suicide prevention coordinators for the Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System (GCVHCS). Worley is stationed in Biloxi, Mississippi, and Musselwhite works at the Joint Ambulatory Care Center in Pensacola, Florida. Serving on the front line of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) number one clinical priority requires a special brand of dedication to a demanding task. And both ladies have it. Read more.
Veterans Employment Representative 2 - Venango County:
As a veterans' employment representative 2, you will serve as a local veterans' employment representative (LVER) in a PA CareerLink® career center. You will conduct outreach to employers and business associations and engage in advocacy efforts to increase employment opportunities for veterans. Apply!
Veterans Temple Teacher Residency:
Temple Teacher Residency is a teacher education program devoted to preparing diverse and highly-motivated individuals with strong mathematics and science subject knowledge to teach mathematics and/or science in high-need schools in the City of Philadelphia. There is an interest in working with veterans who see themselves fit in the program. Transform your love of STEM into a purposeful career! Apply to TTR today! Any questions please contact Dr. Amy Scallon at 215-204-1518 or email [email protected].
Waste Management Hiring CDL Driver Rolloff:
- Text WASTE to 51893 or call 1-877-220-5627 for more information- Requirements: One year previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last seven years. Must be at least 21 years old and hold a current Class A or B CDL with air brake endorsement. This position is eligible for a $3,000 sign-on bonus.- Waste Management has been recognized as Best Employer of Veterans, by the following Military Times Top 75 "Best for Vets Employer", G.I. Jobs Top 100 "Military Friendly Employer" and CivilianJobs.com "Most Valuable Employer-Military."- Apply.
Governor Wolf – Dollar General Expansion In Schuylkill To Create 100 Jobs:
Governor Tom Wolf announced that Dollar General Corporation has established a new cold storage facility in Schuylkill County. At full capacity, the project is expected to support the creation of 100 new jobs. “Since day one, my administration has been committed to business growth and job creation. Today I’m proud to say that our business climate gets stronger every day,” Wolf said. Read more.
Hotels Hiring Event:
- May 29, 2019, 10 a.m.-Noon- PA CareerLink, 100 Cameron St., Harrisburg, PA (Dauphin County)- Bring your resume and be prepared to interview for a number of full-time open positions.
U.S. Representative Mike Kelly Veteran Resource Fair:
- May 29, 2019, Noon-5 p.m.- Downtown Mall, 900 Water St., Meadville, PA (Crawford County)- Point of contact: Tony Digiacomo at 814-454-8190 or email [email protected] - All veterans, active duty service members and family members are welcome. Organizations and agencies from around the area will provide answers to questions and offer support.
Veterans’ Expo & Job Fair – Berks County:
- May 30, 2019, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.- Crowne Plaza Reading Hotel, 1741 Papermill Rd., Wyomissing, PA (Berks County)- Any questions please call 717-285-1350- The Veterans’ Expo connects active and retired military members of all ages and their families with the benefits and resources available to them. Covering everything from home improvement, legal services, finance, retirement living and insurance. The job fair will also provide an opportunity for veterans and employers to meet face-to-face to discuss available positions. Workshops and seminars will be offered on relevant topics.- Website.
This listing is offered as a service to individuals and organizations to promote their veteran and military-oriented events being held in Pennsylvania. The information is taken directly from emailed submissions from requestors. DMVA is not responsible for incorrect information submitted. Please send details on events to [email protected] and include the following key pieces of information: 1. Name of event, 2. Date of event, 3. Time of event, 4. Address of event, 5. County of event, 6. Event website, 7. Point of contact name, 8. POC phone number, 9. POC email address, and 10. Additional details/coordinating instructions (fees, pre-registration, etc.)
American Legion Memorial Day Blood Drive:
- May 24, 2019, 1-6 p.m.- American Legion Post 210, 315 North St., Doylestown, PA (Bucks County)- Point of contact: Sarah at [email protected] - Appointments are preferred. Register!
Hampden Township Memorial Day Service:
- May 25, 2019, 11 a.m.- Cpt. Leon Lock Veterans Memorial, Hampden Township Veterans Park, 4345 Marketplace Way, Enola, PA (Cumberland County)- Point of contact: Dave Getz at 717-234-4182 or email [email protected] - To remember the events of 75 years ago when World War II raged across the globe. Music will be provided by the Cumberland Valley High School Brass. Taps will be sounded by SSG John Powlison of the United States Army Band “Pershing’s Own.” The emcee will be R.J. Harris. Veterans are invited to wear their uniforms or service ribbons. In case of inclement weather, the service will be held in the community room at the Good Hope Fire Station, 1200 Good Hope Rd., Mechanicsburg, PA (Cumberland County)- Website.
Annual Lycoming County Memorial Day Observance:
- May 25, 2019, 11 a.m.- Lycoming County Veterans Memorial Park, West Fourth St. and Wahoo Dr., Williamsport, PA (Lycoming County)- Point of contact: W. Michael McMunn at 570-220-8156 or email [email protected] - Keynote speaker will be Lieutenant General Earl B. Hailston, U.S. Marine Corps, Retired. Open to the public. Tents and seating provided. Will be held rain or shine.
Memorial Day Reflections – Empowerment Performances:
- May 25, 2019, 1-3 p.m.- 101 Founders Way, Bethlehem, PA (Lehigh County)- Point of contact: Jenny Pacanowski at [email protected] - Join in for Reflections of Memorial Day, featuring veterans and family members sharing their experiences. Uphold your civic duty with more than a "thank you for your service," by supporting veterans and family members by listening to them.
York Revolution Salute To Veterans Night:
- May 25, 2019, 6:30 p.m.- PeoplesBank Park, 5 Brooks Robinson Way, York, PA (York County)- If you’re interested in supporting veterans by sponsoring tickets, or you are a veteran and are interested in a free ticket and food voucher to the game, contact Ally Stough at 717-801-HITS or email [email protected] - Veterans will be honored during the game between the York Revolution and the Lancaster Barnstormers. Get complimentary tickets and food vouchers for the game courtesy of local businesses. There will be post-game fireworks.
Meet Up And Workshop For Veterans, Caretakers, Family Members:
- May 26, 2019, 1-4 p.m.- 25 W. 3rd St., Bethlehem, PA (Lehigh County )- Point of contact: Jenny Pacanowski at [email protected] - This workshop is free for veterans and their family members to explore their grief, loss, anger and empower their truth and experiences. This space is provided for those who have lost themselves or someone they loved and need a place outside to express what Memorial Day was truly intended for. No writing experience necessary.
Indiantown Gap National Cemetery Memorial Day Program:
- May 26, 2019, 2 p.m.- Point of contact: email Floyd Turner at [email protected] - Indiantown Gap National Cemetery in Lebanon County is holding its annual Memorial Day program. Rain or shine. Free parking provided at Indiantown Gap Community Club and the Memorial Council will provide shuttle-bus transportation to the ceremony. There is very limited handicapped parking on the parking lot adjacent to the Pennsylvania Memorial. Handicapped visitors using that lot can catch a ride from their parked car to the memorial's plaza in a golf cart provided by the National Cemetery.
Berks County Memorial Day Ceremony:
- May 27, 2019, 9 a.m.- Veteran Grove War Memorials in Reading City Park, Reading, PA (Berks County)- Point of contact: Dale G. Derr, Berks County Department of Veterans Affairs at 484-824-2021 or email [email protected] - This ceremony memorializes soldiers who lost their lives on the battlefield, in the defense of the country. The ceremony also offers a host of guest speakers, including decorated members of the military.
Northampton Township, Bucks County Memorial Day Remembrance:
- May 27, 2019, 9 a.m.- Richboro, PA, Bustleton Pike (Route 232) and Richboro-Newtown Rd. (Route 332) (Bucks County)- Point of contact: COL Wendell Rich (ret) at 215-504-5444 or email [email protected] - Emcee: Wendell A. Rich, COL USA (ret); Guest Speaker: Thomas Matthews, MG USA (ret)
Camp Hill (Cumberland County) Memorial Day Program:
- May 27, 2019, 9:30 a.m.- Be part of the community and participate. Visit the Borough of Camp Hill website for a list of events and times.
Delaware County Memorial Day Cemetery Ceremonies:
- May 27, 2019, Memorial Day CEMETERY CEREMONIES: 11 a.m.: Post 134/305 Memorial Ceremony at Ohev Shalom Cemetery in Brookhaven, followed by Post 305’s Cemetery Ceremonies. SCHEDULE: 11 a.m. – Ohev Shalom cemetery (observances are at the JWV memorial at each location): 1:45 p.m. – Assemble at McDonalds, Bond Shopping Center, State Rd. and Lansdowne Ave., Upper Darby, PA; 2:10 p.m. – Har Yehudah, 8400 Lansdowne Ave., Upper Darby, PA; 2:45 p.m. – Mt. Sharon, 502 E Springfield Rd, Springfield, PA; 3:15 p.m. – Mt. Jacob, 700 Oak Lane, Glenolden, PA; 3:40 p.m. – Mt. Lebanon, 1200 Bartram Ave., Collingdale, PA- Point of contact: Henry Frank at 215-459-1261 or email [email protected] - No fee. No registration. Public invited. Attend one or all ceremonies. Ceremonies include reading names of Iraq and Afghanistan KIA, 3-shot salute, and taps.
Memorial Day Parade And Program:
- May 27, 2019, parade begins at 11 a.m., program follows- Parade begins at Hydro parking lot and proceeds along Pottsville, Sillyman and Chestnut Streets in Cressona, PA. The program will take place at Legion Plaza next to the American Legion Building at 1 Front St., Cressona, PA (Schuylkill County)- Point of contact: Karl Jones, 570-617-4018 or email [email protected] - Speaker will be L. Michelle Breeland, FEMA Region III voluntary agency liaison.
Post 927 Memorial Day Ceremony:
- May 27, 2019, 11 a.m.- 646 Fairgrounds Rd., Gilbert, PA (Monroe County)- Point of contact: Danny Insalata at 570-977-3046 or email [email protected] - Guest speakers include PA State Representative Jack Rader and PA State Senator Mario Scavello. Post 927 Honor Guard will render flags to full staff at noon with the assistance of Boy Scout Troop 102. There will be a light lunch provided after the ceremony concludes. This event is open to the public.- Website.
Veterans' Expo & Job Fair – Berks County:
Korean Traveling Memorial:
- May 31, 2019, and June 1 and 2, 2019, Open 24 hours- Greene County Fairgrounds, 107 Fairgrounds Rd., Waynesburg, PA (Greene County)- Everyone is welcome and admission is free admission. Donations benefit Greene County Salute to Veterans Memorial Wall.
SAFE Talk Training:
- May 31, 2019, 2-9 p.m.- PNC Park, 115 Federal St., Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County)- Point of contact: Shawn Seguin at 904-654-9029 or email [email protected] - Registration Deadline is May 30, 2019. Open seats for SAFE TALK training hosted by Wounded Warrior Project will first be offered to veterans, active duty, reserves, and family support members. All others will be put on a wait-list in case the course does not fill up. This class is set for a longer period, as attendees will be invited to attend a Pirates game after the training.
Comedy Improv Workshop For Veterans And Their Families:
- May 31, 2019, 6:30 -9 p.m.- 1311 Santee Mill Rd., Bethlehem, PA (Northampton County)- Point of contact: Jenny Pacanowski at 570-269-7528 or email [email protected] - Are you a veteran or family member looking for a creative outlet or a fun way to de-stress? Women Veterans Empowered & Thriving presents a free comedy improv workshop provided for veterans of all eras and their families! In this workshop, participants will gain confidence, and learn to think on their feet in a low-pressure environment.- Website.
Scranton Vet Center Open House:
- June 1, 2019, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.- The Scranton Vet Center, 1002 Pittston Ave., Scranton, PA (Lackawanna County)- Point of contact: Kathy Sabbitini at 570-344-2676 or [email protected] - There will be various organizations offering veteran support services and family fun!- Website.
Veterans of Foreign Wars And Student Veterans of America Town Hall:
- June 2, 2019, 1:30-3 p.m.- Hamburg Municipal Building, Civic Meeting Room, 61 N 3rd St., Hamburg, PA (Berks County)- Point of contact: Tammy Barlet at 610-621-8918 or email [email protected] - Join VFW Wagner-Good Post and 2019 VFW-SVA Legislation Fellow Tammy Barlet where they will discuss newly introduced legislation, the experience of being a policy fellow, and VFW’s Priority Goals for 2019.- Register.
Legal And Domestic Relations Clinic:
- June 7, 2019, 10 a.m.-Noon- Lebanon VA Medical Center, Building 18, 3rd Floor Conference Room, 1700 South Lincoln Ave., Lebanon, PA (Lebanon County)- For more information, please contact Carla Cyr at 717-304-1883- Clinics are presented by the PA Bar Association, Lebanon County Domestic Relations and Dauphin County Domestic Relations. Veterans with legal and/or domestic relations issues in ALL counties are welcome to attend.
Millersville VFW Post 7294 1st Annual Car Show:
- June 8, 2019, Noon-4 p.m.- Millersville VFW Post 7294, Walnut Hill Rd., Millersville, PA (Lancaster County)- For any questions, call John Miller at 717-288-5674- Fun, music, food trophies, dash plaques for first 25 entries. All proceeds go to Hogs and Heroes Foundation and the VFW Auxiliary relief fund. $15 Entry Fee.- Facebook event.
Open House At Hollidaysburg Veterans' Home:
- June 11, 2019, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.- Hollidaysburg Veterans' Home, 138 Veterans Blvd., Duncansville, PA (Blair County)- Point of contact: Kim Vandevander at 814-696-5352 or email [email protected] - Take a tour, meet the staff, enjoy refreshments, participate in activities and experience the comradery of fellow veterans. Hollidaysburg Veterans' Home is operated by the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.- Read more.
Open House At Gino J. Merli Veterans' Center:
- June 12, 2019, 1-4 p.m.- Gino J. Merli Veterans' Center, 401 Penn Ave., Scranton, PA (Lackawanna County)- Point of contact: Sarah Butler at 570-961-4348 or email [email protected] - Take a tour, meet the staff, enjoy refreshments, participate in activities and experience the comradery of fellow veterans. Gino J. Merli Veterans' Center is operated by the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.- Read more.
Open House At Pennylvania Soldiers' & Sailors' Home:
- June 12, 2019, 1-4 p.m.- Pennylvania Soldiers' & Sailors' Home, 560 East Third St., Erie, PA (Erie County)- Point of contact: Laurie Rice at 814-878-4939 or email [email protected] - Take a tour, meet the staff, enjoy refreshments, participate in activities and experience the comradery of fellow veterans. Pennylvania Soldiers' & Sailors' Home is operated by the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.- Read more.
Open House At Southeastern Veterans' Center:
- June 13, 2019, 6-8 p.m.- Southeastern Veterans' Center, One Veterans Dr., Spring City, PA (Chester County)- Point of contact: Jill Alwine at 610-948-2406 or email [email protected] - Take a tour, meet the staff, enjoy refreshments, participate in activities and experience the comradery of fellow veterans. Southeastern Veterans' Center is operated by the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.- Read more.
Coffee And Camaraderie:
- Fourth Friday of every month, 9 a.m.- Heisey’s Diner, 1740 PA-72, Lebanon, PA (Lebanon County)- Reserve your spot by calling 717-272-8317 or email [email protected] - Share a free cup of coffee, your stories, and friendship with other veterans of the Lebanon Valley. All veterans are welcome. Feel free to order breakfast, but at your own expense. For those in need, breakfast sponsorships are available.
Female Veteran Support Group:
- Tuesday evenings, 5-6 p.m.- Calvary Chapel, 740 Willow St., Lebanon, PA (Lebanon County)- For more information, please contact BJ Snader at 717-283-0735 or email [email protected] - This support group is for all women who have served, to discuss a variety of topics.
Women Veterans Empowered & Thriving – Meet Up And Workshop:
- Bi-monthly, 1-4 p.m.- 1311 Santee Mill Rd., Bethlehem, PA (Northampton County)- Any questions contact Jenny Pacanowski and Corinna Brown at [email protected] - Welcoming all women veterans of all eras for comradery, creativity and community at the Beautiful Camel's Hump Farm. The workshop will facilitate the ability to empower your experiences and be held in a secure space of kindness, compassion and non judgment.- Website.