Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
135th Annual Memorial Service In Latrobe:
- May 25, 2019, 7 p.m.- Latrobe United Methodist Church, 440 Main St., Latrobe, PA (Westmoreland County)- Point of contact: Barry Novosel, Cmdr American Legion, Post 515 at 724-537-6061 or email Home515@verizon.net - This service orginated in 1884 by the Grand Army Repuplic (GAR) P.A. Williams Post #4 (Westmoreland County) and upon their post disolvement was passed to the Thomas B. Anderson American Legion Post 515.
Applying For Veterans Benefits Should Never Come With A Fee:
The Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA) reminded veterans and their dependents that they should never pay for assistance to apply for veterans’ benefits. Federal and state laws make provisions for accredited veteran service officers to provide free advice and assistance for all to access their veterans’ benefits. Read more.
Southwestern Veterans' Center To Hold Open House:
The public is invited to an open house at the Southwestern Veterans’ Center (SWVC) at 7060 Highland Dr., Pittsburgh, from noon to 3 p.m. on Friday, May 17. The SWVC is one of six veterans homes operated by the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA). Read more.
State Armories, Readiness Centers, Keystone Conference Center Available For Community Rentals:
Pennsylvanians who want to host a community function can consider one of 62 Pennsylvania National Guard armories and readiness centers throughout the state or the Keystone Conference Center located in Annville (Lebanon County). Maintained by the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA), the armories/readiness centers serve as local training facilities for members of the Pennsylvania National Guard. When not being used for training, many are available to be rented by the public. Read more.
Around the State
A Race To Prevent Suicide:
Sgt. 1st Class David Maser who lost his 15-year-old sister to suicide in 2017 serves as a suicide prevention officer for the 28th Infantry Division, Pennsylvania National Guard. He has strived to create awareness and encourage people to seek help. Now he is running a triathlon to promote awareness and honor the memory of his sister. Read more.
Governor Wolf Commends House For Unanimous Passage Of PA GI Bill:
Governor Tom Wolf commended House members for their unanimous passage of the PA GI Bill to support Pennsylvania National Guard members’ families in their post-secondary education pursuits. “I was incredibly pleased to see a 199 to zero vote by the House in favor of supporting our Pennsylvania National Guard members,” Wolf said. Read more.
Ministry To Host Concert Fundraiser For New Veterans' Program:
Since its founding in 2012, JMeg Ministries has sought to meet the varying needs represented by the people in the central Susquehanna Valley region, by offering free counseling and giving away clothing, food, school supplies, and much more. Now, its trained volunteers are seeking to reach out to the Valley’s veterans who struggle with the memories of combat and adjusting back into civilian life. Read more.
Pennsylvania Air National Guard (PAANG) Hall Of Fame Induction:
PAANG welcomed their latest addition to the hall of fame in Colonel Willard Dellicker at Shambach Hall, Fort Indiantown Gap, Annville, PA (Lebanon County). Dellicker had a long and lasting career in the Guard through his distinguished career. Watch video.
Pennsylvania Guard Father And Son Become Co-pilots:
To many soldiers, serving alongside their child in the Army seems inconceivable. But for COL Howard Lloyd, commander of the Pennsylvania National Guard’s 28th Expeditionary Combat Aviation Brigade (ECAB), that dream has become a reality. He and his son, 1LT Ian Lloyd, serve together as pilots in the 28th ECAB. Read more.
Valley Re-Enactors Will Bring History To Life:
In the early days of colonization, the central Susquehanna Valley was a hub for transportation, military activity, and pioneering determination. Today, its rich history is being kept alive by local storytellers, re-enactors, demonstrators, and historians, many of whom will converge at this year’s History Day, presented by the Northumberland County Historical Society. Read more.
Veterans Train Service Dogs To Cope With PTSD:
Brandi Deibler served eight years in the Army. During that time, she was a Blackhawk helicopter mechanic, an aircraft crew chief, a peacekeeper and part of a medical evacuation unit. Following her years in the Army, Deibler says she felt “hypervigilant” and “on guard.” “You know, being in medical evacuation we had to be able to go from dead asleep to in the air in six to 10 minutes. So, you’re very constantly hypervigilant. When you get back that doesn’t really leave you.” Read more.
WITF Memorial Day Programing:
Celebrate Memorial Day with WITF from Thursday May 23 through Monday, May 27. From honoring veterans, to telling stories that help to better understand the military history of the United States, WITF has a pipeline of veterans and military programming dedicated to patriotism and storytelling tied to military service. WITF is an award-winning public media news team reaching more than 17 counties in central PA. Visit the WITF tv schedule.
Across the Nation
Aviation And Missile Command (AMCOM) Top Warriors Emerge From Competition:
Staff Sgt. Tiffany Anderson and Spc. Samuel Mitchell, both from Letterkenny Army Depot (Franklin County), emerged as the winners in AMCOM's Best Warrior Competition held April 29 to May 2. Staff Sgt. Shane Gratton from the Aviation Center Logistics Command based at Fort Rucker, Alabama, earned the alternate winner title. Read more.
Change Your Address On File With U.S. Department Of Veterans Affairs (VA):
Find out how to change your address and other contact information in your VA.gov profile. This will update your information across several VA benefits and services. Read more.
Free Dental Care For Veterans Available June 8:
Aspen Dental dentists and teams will once again be providing free dental care to veterans nationwide on June 8. For the sixth year, nearly 500 Aspen Dental offices nationwide will open their doors to serve veterans in their local communities as part of their community giving initiative, the Healthy Mouth Movement. Read more.
One By One, D-Day Memories Fade As War’s Witnesses Die:
One more funeral, one less witness to the world’s worst war. Bernard Dargols lived almost long enough to join the celebrations next month marking 75 years since the D-Day, 75 years since he waded onto Omaha Beach as an American soldier to help liberate France from the Nazis who persecuted his Jewish family. Read more.
Take This 25-Min Suicide Prevention Course, Save A Life:
The PsychArmor S.A.V.E. training is free, and it only takes 25 minutes. The course is designed to help anyone learn how to identify the signs of suicide risk in a veteran, ask the veteran questions, validate the veteran’s experience, escort the veteran to care, and expedite treatment. The free training video is available to all, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
TAPS Seeks ‘Good Grief Camp’ Mentors:
At the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS), they support the loved ones for whom Memorial Day can be a painful reminder of their loss. Read more.
These Jewish World War II Veterans Would Be Legends, If People Knew Their Stories:
In April 1943, the Halifax bomber that Wilfred Canter co-piloted was shot down on the way back from a mission over Stuttgart. Canter parachuted out into occupied France, breaking a leg when he landed. The only member of the six-man crew to evade capture, he was given food and clothing by a local family, then passed to members of the resistance, who smuggled him to Paris, then Bordeaux, then over the Pyrenees by foot into Spain. Read more.
This New Coffee Company Is Giving A ‘Hand Up’ To Homeless Vets:
Next time you invest in your weekly coffee supply, consider buying it through a company that offers homeless and at-risk veterans an employment lifeline. That’s the goal of Veteran Roasters, whose core mission is to hire and train veterans for jobs in the coffee industry, through the proceeds it earns selling America’s favorite caffeinated beverage. Read more.
Veterans Carry Flag By Motorcycle For Those Who Never Made It Home:
Vietnam veterans carried a flag by motorcycle recently as they raised awareness about the thousands of prisoners of war and missing in action service people who never came home. Members of motorcycle clubs including the Christian Motorcycle Association, One Nation Under God, Brothers of the Wheel, and Sons of God rode to the Princeton Vietnam Veterans Memorial near the West Virginia Welcome Center to pass along a POW-MIA flag that is being transported to all 50 states. Read more.
This listing is offered as a resource to both Pennsylvania's veterans and businesses that seek to employ veterans. The DMVA has not investigated the positions being offered or the businesses listed, and does not warrant or guarantee either the availability or the terms and conditions of the positions listed. Please contact the employers represented in this listing directly. To have an employment opportunity listed please email: RA-VA-Newsletter@pa.gov
Berks County Director Of Veteran Affairs:
This position serves as head of Berks County Department of Veteran Affairs. The incumbent employee is the County’s Veterans Services Officer (CVSO). The Director/CVSO through benefits assistants, advises veterans or family members about what types of disability compensation, education, home loan, health care, insurance, pension and burial benefits to which they may be entitled and performs investigations to determine their eligibility. Any questions email email@example.com. Website.
County Line Mechanical Is Hiring Veterans:
Service technicians duties include repairs and preventative maintenance of all types of residential and light commercial heating and cooling equipment. Installers duties include new residential construction and replacement jobs. County line mechanical offers competitive wages and benefit packages.Applicants are required to have the two years field service in the HVAC trade, valid PA driver's license and EPA type 2 or better certification. Call 717-366-0185 or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy Small Business And Military Appreciation Month:
Bunker Labs – a 501(c)(3) non-profit – is a national network of veteran entrepreneurs dedicated to helping new veteran entrepreneurs start their own business. We are committed to seeing that every entrepreneur in the veteran community has the network, tools, and resources they need to start their own business. Discover how to receive help along your entrepreneurial path. Read more.
Here’s How To Turn Your Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Into A Civilian Health Care Career:
Here’s the truth: Your military medical occupation training provided you with top-notch education and experience that most civilian programs cannot. You’ve not only received traditional instructional training, but you’ve learned and practiced in some of the best medical labs with the latest simulation technology available. Most importantly, your training gave you real-world, high-pressure experience that cannot be duplicated in traditional civilian training programs. Read more.
Hershey's Ice Cream Is Looking To Hire Veterans:
- Every Monday and Tuesday in May, 11 a.m.-Noon- PA CareerLink, 100 N. Cameron St., Harrisburg, PA (Dauphin County)- Point of contact: Ryan Treadway at 717-920-7089 or email email@example.com
Houck Harrisburg (Dauphin County) Is Hiring:
From roofing to roof maintenance, flooring to masonry restoration, Houck offers a variety of employment opportunities for those interested in specialty commercial construction. What began as a two-man operation is now a growing company servicing the entire mid-Atlantic region. Apply Now.
Military Internship Program:
Designed to help veterans return to the workforce, this 24-week internship can provide you with on-the-job training, financial industry experience, networking and personal growth. Veterans and active Guard/Reserve members can apply. To learn more, please call Vicki Dettinger in the human resources department at 717-771-9117.
Psychiatrists Can Explore A Career Helping Veterans During The APA Annual Meeting In San Francisco:
Recruiters for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) are headed to the city by the bay during Mental Health Month to meet with psychiatrists who are attending the American Psychiatric Association annual meeting and are interested in careers helping veterans thrive after the military. Read more.
U.S. Representative Mike Kelly Veteran Resource Fair:
- May 29, 2019, Noon-5 p.m.- Downtown Mall, 900 Water St., Meadville, PA (Crawford County)- Point of contact: Tony Digiacomo at 814-454-8190 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - All veterans, active duty service members and family members are welcome. Organizations and agencies from around the area will provide answers to questions and offer support.
Veteran Affairs Community Outreach And Events Coordinator:
Cumberland County is always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join the team. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant-friendly, online job Application.
Veteran Farming Project – Agriculture Jobs And Apprenticeships:
New agriculture jobs and apprenticeship opportunities for veterans have been posted by the Pennsylvania Veterans Farmer Project and Troops to Tractors. Read more.
Waste Management Hiring Event ForCDL Drivers:
- May 21, 2019, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.- 165 Rosencranse Rd., Beach Lake, PA (Wayne County)- Requirements: CDL License, air brakes, 1+ year of CDL driving is required. This position is eligible for a $3,000 sign-on bonus and up to $5,000 benefits reimbursement.- Waste Management has been recognized as Best Employer of Veterans, by the following Military Times Top 75 "Best for Vets Employer", G.I. Jobs Top 100 "Military Friendly Employer" and CivilianJobs.com "Most Valuable Employer-Military."- Apply.
Hotels Hiring Event:
- May 29, 2019, 10 a.m.-Noon- PA CareerLink, 100 Cameron St., Harrisburg, PA (Dauphin County)- Bring your resume and be prepared to interview for a number of full-time open positions.
Veterans’ Expo & Job Fair – Berks County:
- May 30, 2019, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.- Crowne Plaza Reading Hotel, 1741 Papermill Rd., Wyomissing, PA (Berks County)- Any questions please call 717-285-1350- The Veterans’ Expo connects active and retired military members of all ages and their families with the benefits and resources available to them. Covering everything from home improvement, legal services, finance, retirement living and insurance. The job fair will also provide an opportunity for veterans and employers to meet face-to-face to discuss available positions. Workshops and seminars will be offered on relevant topics.- Website.
This listing is offered as a service to individuals and organizations to promote their veteran and military-oriented events being held in Pennsylvania. The information is taken directly from emailed submissions from requestors. DMVA is not responsible for incorrect information submitted. Please send details on events to RA-VA-Newsletter@pa.gov and include the following key pieces of information: 1. Name of event, 2. Date of event, 3. Time of event, 4. Address of event, 5. County of event, 6. Event website, 7. Point of contact name, 8. POC phone number, 9. POC email address, and 10. Additional details/coordinating instructions (fees, pre-registration, etc.)
Veterans' Expo & Job Fair – Berks County:
Women's Health Open House:
- May 16, 2019, 1-4 p.m.- Lebanon VA Medical Group, Women’s Health Clinic, Building 17, Fifth floor, 1700 S. Lincoln Ave., Lebanon, PA (Lebanon County)- For any questions call Women's Health at 717-272-6621, ext. 4870- Featuring women's health specific information on primary, preventative and specialty care, gynecological services, maternity care, pharmacy services, social work services, mental health services, our intimate partner violence assistance program and more! On-the-spot enrollment in U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Health Care available. Bring DD214's, 2018 tax return and 2018 out-of-pocket household medical expenses to enroll.
Amish Outlaws Benefit Concert For Folds Of Honor:
- May 16, 2019, 6 p.m.- Musikfest Café presented by Yuengling ArtsQuest Center, 101 Founders Way, Bethlehem, PA (Lehigh County)- Of the one million-plus dependents adversely affected by deployments, nearly nine out of 10 do not qualify for federal scholarship assistance. Since 2007, Folds of Honor has carried forth this singular, noble mission. To close the gap, they are providing educational support to spouses and children of America’s fallen and disabled service members.- Buy tickets.
Warriors On The Water:
- May 18, 2019, 8 a.m.- Octoraro Reserve, 212 Spruce Grove Rd., Kirkwood, PA (Lancaster County)- Volunteers and/or donations of prizes needed. If anyone owning a boat would like to take our heroes on the water, it would be appreciated. Anyone interested please call Jim or Gina at 717-529-2488.- A day designed for fun, food, fishing and relaxing! This is for All military, active, retired, reserve and both local and state law enforcement and their family. Heroes On The Water will be providing free fishing kayaks to fish with them. Paddle. Fish. Heal. Jim's Live Bait & Tackle will be providing FREE motor boats, row boats and additional kayaks (first come first served, no reservations taken). Free rental rods and bait. There will be a free fishing demonstration for those who are interested. Free chow provided! A pig roast, pulled pork, Gi's Chili, hamburgers and hot dogs, cold salads and non-alcoholic drinks. There will be raffles, prizes, *free kayak raffle (for Heroes & Warriors only), volleyball and corn hole.
Maj. Gen. Frank H. Smoker, Jr. 11th Annual Foxhole Invitational Golf Tournament:
- May 18, 2019, 8 a.m., shotgun start- Blue Mountain Golf Course, 628 Blue Mountain Rd., Fredericksburg, PA (Lebanon County)- For more information, contact Jamie at 717-813-7581 or email email@example.com - Four-person scramble, $280. Registration deadline May 8, 2019. Steak dinner included and prize giveaways! This event benefits the PA National Guard Military Museum.- Website.
3rd Annual Cambria County Hero Hike:
- May 18, 2019, 9 a.m.-Noon- The Hero Hike starts at the Nanty Glo Trailhead and will end at the Ebensburg Trailhead at noon, with a ceremony to follow.- Call Veteran Community Initiatives at 814-255-0355 to register- Donations are encouraged, but not required. Pre-register by May 3, with a $15 donation, and reserve a commemorative t-shirt. All donations are made to Veteran Community Initiatives, Inc., in support of our local veterans. Checks can be made payable to VCI and mailed to 727 Goucher St., Johnstown, PA 15905.
Making $ense Of Finance:
- May 18, 2019, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.- The Triumph Baptist Church, 1648 W. Hunting Park Ave., Philadelphia, PA (Philadelphia County)- Free noncommercial workshops to help with the unique challenges facing military and veterans in financial and investment decisions. Learn more about saving and investing, understanding credit reports and credit scores, detecting and avoiding financial scams and establishing financial goals and developing a spending plan. Free parking!- Register or call 1-800-PA-BANKS
71st Berks County Armed Forces Day Parade:
- May 18, 2019, 10 a.m., rain or shine- Point of contact: Diane Price at 610-413-0020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - The day begins with a free buffet breakfast from 7:30-8:30 a.m. at the Reading-Muhlenberg Career and Technology Center on Spring Valley Rd., Reading, PA (Berks County) for Parade participants, volunteers, and VIP’s. Following assembly in Wyomissing along Penn Avenue, the parade will begin in the 800 Block of Penn Ave. in Wyomissing, PA (Berks County).- Facebook event.
Scranton Armed Forces Parade:
- May 18, 2019, starts at 11 a.m.- Starts at Gino J. Merli Veterans' Center, 401 Penn Ave. Scranton, PA (Lackawanna County)- For more information or to participate, call 570-615-7308 or 570-496-8925- Honoring all who served.- Facebook event ad.
Keystone Base United States Submarine Veterans, Inc.:
- May 18, 2019, 1 p.m.- Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, RR 2 Indiantown Gap Rd. (Rt. 934), Annville, PA (Lebanon County), memorial pathway section 24D- R.S.V.P. to Earl Gee at email@example.com (preferred) or call 717-580-4514- You and your friends are invited to participate in the remembrance of lost shipmates at the Submarine Veterans of World War II Memorial.
Army Heritage Days:
- May 18-19, 2019, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.- United States Army Heritage and Education Center, 950 Soldiers Dr., Carlisle, PA (Cumberland County)- Each year the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center (USAHEC) hosts Army Heritage Days, a timeline living history event that features several hundred reenactors from all eras spread out over the one mile long Army Heritage Trail. Decked out in period uniforms and weapons, these living historians will have their historical equipment and weapons on display and will talk to the public and answer any history questions. This year’s focus will be on Operation Overlord and World War II. They will bring back old favorites, such as the veterans meet and greet, lectures by notable historians, the kid’s passport program, and informational programs by the reenactors on the Army Heritage Trail. The event will also feature a used book sale in the museum store.- Facebook event.
Veteran Town Hall:
- May 21, 2019, 11 a.m.- Corporal Michael J. Crescenz VA Medical Center, 3900 Woodland Ave., Philadelphia, PA (Philadelphia County)- Point of contact: Jonathan Hodges at 215-823-5916 or email Jonathan.Hodges@va.gov - Crescenz VA Medical Center is hosting a veterans town hall at the main medical center and invites veterans and family members to attend and get updates on VA health care, benefits and burial information. Leadership from all three administrations in VA will be on hand to provide updates and answer questions.- Website.
MilitaryShare Fresh Express Program:
- May 21, 2019, and every 3rd Tuesday of the month, 11 am.-1 p.m.- VFW Post #6076, 410 W. Main Ave., Myerstown, PA (Lebanon County)- Point of contact: Phil Arnold at 717-507-3697or email firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-register- Registration is required for MilitaryShare distribution. MilitaryShare, a collaborative program of local food banks and the Pennsylvania National Guard, is designed to provide fresh, nutritious foods for veterans and military families in need.- Website.
Carlisle Barracks Army War College (MWR) Job Fair:
- May 22, 2019, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.- Letort View Community Center, 313 Lovel Ave., Carlisle, PA (Cumberland County)- For questions or more information email email@example.com or call 717-245-4750 or 717-961-8863- Hiring immediately for cooks, operations assistants and childcare. Be sure to bring your resume, driver's license of passport, social security card, list of references, PCS orders (if applicable), DD-214 (if applicable), and any other supporting documents to validate qualifications for employment eligibility.- Carlisle Barracks MWR Facebook event page.
Military Share Lebanon County:
- May 23, 2019, 2:30-4:30 p.m.- Fort Indiantown Gap, Fitzpatrick Hall, Building 10-104, Annville, PA (Lebanon County)- Pre-register by May 9 by contacting Roxie Norris 717-821-4684 or email Roxanne.firstname.lastname@example.org - Registration is required for MilitaryShare distribution. To improve the lives of our currently serving service members, veterans, retirees and their families by providing quality non-perishable food items and fresh produce.- Website.
American Legion Memorial Day Blood Drive:
- May 24, 2019, 1-6 p.m.- American Legion Post 210, 315 North St., Doylestown, PA (Bucks County)- Point of contact: Sarah at email@example.com - Appointments are preferred. Register!
Hampden Township Memorial Day Service:
- May 25, 2019, 11 a.m.- Cpt. Leon Lock Veterans Memorial, Hampden Township Veterans Park, 4345 Marketplace Way, Enola, PA (Cumberland County)- Point of contact: Dave Getz at 717-234-4182 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - To remember the events of 75 years ago when World War II raged across the globe. Music will be provided by the Cumberland Valley High School Brass. Taps will be sounded by SSG John Powlison of the United States Army Band “Pershing’s Own.” The emcee will be R.J. Harris. Veterans are invited to wear their uniforms or service ribbons. In case of inclement weather, the service will be held in the community room at the Good Hope Fire Station, 1200 Good Hope Rd.- Website.
Annual Lycoming County Memorial Day Observance:
- May 25, 2019, 11 a.m.- Lycoming County Veterans Memorial Park, West Fourth St. and Wahoo Dr., Williamsport, PA (Lycoming County)- Point of contact: W. Michael McMunn at 570-220-8156 or email email@example.com - Keynote speaker will be Lieutenant General Earl B. Hailston, U.S. Marine Corps, Retired. Open to the public. Tents and seating provided. Will be held rain or shine.
Big Band Dance Set At West Overton’s Big Barn:
- May 25, 2019, 5:30-8 p.m.- West Overton's Big Barn, 109 W Overton Rd., Scottdale, PA (Westmoreland County)- Any questions please call 724-887-7910.- West Overton Museums will host a World War II victory ball dinner dance to honor local veterans and raise funds for new education programs. Tickets for the Memorial Day weekend event are $40 and include dinner and two-hour open bar. Tickets for military veterans are $30, and admission is free for World War II veterans (with registration).- Website.
York Revolution Salute To Veterans Night:
- May 25, 2019, 6:30 p.m.- PeoplesBank Park, 5 Brooks Robinson Way, York, PA (York County)- If you’re interested in supporting veterans by sponsoring tickets, or you are a veteran and are interested in a free ticket and food voucher to the game, contact Ally Stough at 717-801-HITS or email firstname.lastname@example.org - Veterans will be honored during the game between the York Revolution and the Lancaster Barnstormers. Get complimentary tickets and food vouchers for the game courtesy of local businesses. There will be post-game fireworks.
Indiantown Gap National Cemetery Memorial Day Program:
- May 26, 2019, 2 p.m.- Point of contact: email Floyd Turner at email@example.com - Indiantown Gap National Cemetery in Lebanon County is holding its annual Memorial Day program. Rain or shine. Free parking provided at Indiantown Gap Community Club and the Memorial Council will provide shuttle-bus transportation to the ceremony. There is very limited handicapped parking on the parking lot adjacent to the Pennsylvania Memorial. Handicapped visitors using that lot can catch a ride from their parked car to the memorial's plaza in a golf cart provided by the National Cemetery.
Berks County Memorial Day Ceremony:
- May 27, 2019, 9 a.m.- Veteran Grove War Memorials in Reading City Park, Reading, PA (Berks County)- Point of contact: Dale G. Derr, Berks County Department of Veterans Affairs at 484-824-2021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - This ceremony memorializes soldiers who lost their lives on the battlefield, in the defense of the country. The ceremony also offers a host of guest speakers, including decorated members of the military.
Northampton Township, Bucks County Memorial Day Remembrance:
- May 27, 2019, 9 a.m.- Richboro, PA, Bustleton Pike (Route 232) and Richboro-Newtown Rd. (Route 332) (Bucks County)- Point of contact: COL Wendell Rich (ret) at 215-504-5444 or email email@example.com.- Emcee: Wendell A. Rich, COL USA (ret); Guest Speaker: Thomas Matthews, MG USA (ret)
Delaware County Memorial Day Cemetery Ceremonies:
- May 27, 2019, Memorial Day CEMETERY CEREMONIES: 11 a.m.: Post 134/305 Memorial Ceremony at Ohev Shalom Cemetery in Brookhaven, followed by Post 305’s Cemetery Ceremonies. SCHEDULE: 11 a.m. – Ohev Shalom cemetery (observances are at the JWV memorial at each location): 1:45 p.m. – Assemble at McDonalds, Bond Shopping Center, State Rd. and Lansdowne Ave., Upper Darby, PA; 2:10 p.m. – Har Yehudah, 8400 Lansdowne Ave., Upper Darby, PA; 2:45 – Mt. Sharon, 502 E Springfield Rd, Springfield, PA; 3:15 – Mt. Jacob, 700 Oak Lane, Glenolden, PA; 3:40 – Mt. Lebanon, 1200 Bartram Ave., Collingdale, PA- Point of contact: Henry Frank at 215-459-1261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - No fee. No registration. Public invited. Attend one or all ceremonies. Ceremonies include reading names of Iraq and Afghanistan KIA, 3-shot salute, and taps.
Memorial Day Parade And Program:
- May 27, 2019, parade begins at 11 a.m., program follows- Parade begins at Hydro parking lot and proceeds along Pottsville, Sillyman and Chestnut Streets in Cressona, PA. The program will take place at Legion Plaza next to the American Legion Building at 1 Front St., Cressona, PA (Schuylkill County)- Point of contact: Karl Jones, 570-617-4018 or email email@example.com - Speaker will be L. Michelle Breeland, FEMA Region III voluntary agency liaison.
Post 927 Memorial Day Ceremony:
- May 27, 2019, 11 a.m.- 646 Fairgrounds Rd., Gilbert, PA (Monroe County)- Point of contact: Danny Insalata at 570-977-3046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - Guest speakers include PA State Representative Jack Rader and PA State Senator Mario Scavello. Post 927 Honor Guard will render flags to full staff at noon with the assistance of Boy Scout Troop 102. There will be a light lunch provided after the ceremony concludes. This event is open to the public.- Website.
Korean Traveling Memorial:
- May 31,2019 and June 1 and 2, 2019 Open 24 hours- Greene County Fairgrounds, 107 Fairgrounds Rd., Waynesburg, PA (Greene County)- Everyone is welcome and admission is free admission. Donations benefit Greene County Salute to Veterans Memorial Wall.
SAFE Talk Training:
- May 31, 2019, 2-9 p.m.- PNC Park, 115 Federal St., Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County)- Point of contact: Shawn Seguin at 904-654-9029 or email email@example.com - Registration Deadline is May 30, 2019. Open seats for SAFE TALK training hosted by Wounded Warrior Project will first be offered to veterans, active duty, reserves, and family support members. All others will be put on a wait-list in case the course does not fill up. This class is set for a longer period, as attendees will be invited to attend a Pirates game after the training.
Female Veteran Support Group:
- Tuesday evenings, 5-6 p.m.- Calvary Chapel, 740 Willow St., Lebanon, PA (Lebanon County)- For more information, please contact BJ Snader at 717-283-0735 or email Betty.Snader-Berry@va.gov - This support group is for all women who have served, to discuss a variety of topics.