Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Adjutant General Honors 171st ARW For Outstanding Unit Award, Discusses Gov. Wolf’s PA GI Bill:
Maj. Gen. Tony Carrelli, Pennsylvania’s adjutant general and head of the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA), personally congratulated the 171st Air Refueling Wing for earning the 2018 Outstanding Unit Award and discussed with the airmen the importance of Governor Tom Wolf’s proposed PA GI Bill, or Military Family Education Program. Read more.
DMVA Reminds Veterans About Its Amputee And Paralyzed Veterans Pension Program:
During National Limb Loss Awareness Month, the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA) is reminding veterans about its Amputee and Paralyzed Veterans Pension Program. This pension program is one of the many ways that the DMVA continues to assist veterans who have served our nation. Read more.
DMVA Still Looking For Nine Photos Of Pennsylvania Veterans Who Paid Ultimate Sacrifice In Vietnam:
To further honor and preserve the memory of our veterans for future generations, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund in Washington, D.C. is leading an initiative to locate a photo for every U.S. service member who died during Vietnam. Please help find the remaining nine photos from Philadelphia and Lycoming counties. For information on how to submit a photo, visit: Read more.
Donate Part Of Your Tax Refund To Military Families In Need:
REMINDER! You can help PA’s military personnel and their families by donating part or all of your income tax refund to the Military Family Relief Assistance Program (MFRAP). Just Fill in code "C" for MFRAP and the amount of your donation on Lines 32-36 on your Personal Income Tax form. Contributions can also be made by mail. Learn more:Read more.
Membership In PA National Guard Is Declining:
The future of the PA National Guard was a focus of an informational hearing before the House Veterans Affairs and Emergency Preparedness Committee. Pennsylvania Adjutant General, Maj. Gen. Tony Carrelli, says at 19,000 strong, the Keystone State has the second largest Army National Guard and the fourth largest Air National Guard in the country. But, membership has been on the decline. Read more.
Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary Of Defense For Readiness Tours Fort Indiantown Gap:
Veronica Daigle, principal deputy assistant secretary for Readiness for the U.S. Department of Defense recently toured Fort Indiantown Gap (Lebanon County) to see how the Pennsylvania National Guard (PNG) training operations and how the PNG helps to efficiently build readiness across numerous military components. Read more.
Around the State
Bellefonte Memorial Chosen For National Tour Of Honor:
A well-known veterans’ memorial in Centre County will be getting even more attention this year. The Soldiers and Sailors War Memorial is expected to bring hundreds of visitors to the county as part of a national tour. The memorial and statue of Andrew Gregg Curtin has stood in front of the Centre County Courthouse in Bellefonte for well over 100 years. Read more.
Green Pest Solutions Presented Seven Seals Award From ESGR (Employee Support For The Guard And Reserve) :
Sgt. Maj. Jeff Hill, ESGR volunteer and retired Army Reserve, was present at Green Pest Solutions headquarters in West Chester (Chester County) to hand deliver the award to Matt Jesson after a meet and greet breakfast. Twenty-four members of the Green Pest Solutions were on site to attend Jeff’s speech and congratulate Matt on the award. Jesson and the entire Green Pest Solutions team earned this prestigious award for their efforts in hiring and supporting veterans and military personnel. Read more.
Local Veterans Promote The Wounded Warrior Project:
For many veterans, coming home after a deployment can be a struggle. While there are many services in place to help with such issues, two local veterans report that Wounded Warrior Project has been a great blessing in their lives and an aid in many veteran's recovery. Read more.
Man Gives Back To Wounded Vets:
Dan Bevevino’s six-bedroom, 170-acre hunting lodge sits on an old farmhouse property in Armstrong County. Since 2014, Bevevino and his family have played host to two Wounded Warriors in Action Foundation events on the private property near Rural Valley. Read more.
Meet The Navy And Army Veterans Behind Seven Sirens Brewing Co., Coming To Bethlehem:
Emmaus High School (Lehigh County) alumnus Jordan Serulneck says he returned home from six years in the U.S. Navy and noticed something missing in the Lehigh Valley: an indoor/outdoor beer garden-style brewery. "I was stationed at San Diego and Virginia Beach and they have that stuff everywhere else, they have it in Philly and New York," he said. Read more.
National Vietnam War Veterans Day Observed In Monroe County:
March 29 was National Vietnam War Veterans Day – a time to recognize those who served our country during the Vietnam War. It was a somber ceremony in Stroudsburg’s Courthouse Square (Monroe County). "It can be very emotional," said Jim Sargent, vice president, Vietnam Veterans of America, Pocono Chapter 678. The "Vietnam Veterans of America" Pocono Chapter organizes this event every year. Read more and watch video.
Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics (PIA) Education Programs For Veterans:
PIA's hands on, skills-based programs will help transition from military to classroom to hangar in 16-21 months. Regardless of the program, a PIA education emphasizes hands-on learning. PIA’s Pittsburgh main campus offers AST degree programs in Aviation Technology. The branch campuses also offer a diploma or certificate program in Aviation Maintenance Technology. Read more. For specific questions regarding the use of veterans benefits, contact 412-346-2108 or email [email protected]
Pocono Raceway And Pennsylvania National Guard Associations (PNGAS) Team Up To Benefit The Pennsylvania National Guard Foundation:
The world-famous Pocono Raceway, PNGAS and the Pennsylvania National Guard Foundation are pleased to announce the organizations have signed an agreement that enables race fans to help support the Gift for Guard Kids and Guard to Guard missions operated and funded by PNGAS and the Pennsylvania National Guard Foundation.Read more.
Travis Manion Foundation (TMF) Finalist For Employee Support Of The Guard And Reserve (ESGR) Highest Award:
TMF is a finalist for the ESGR Employer Freedom Award, for its outstanding support of Guard and Reserve member staff. TMF is headquartered in Doylestown (Bucks County) with offices and chapters across Pennsylvania. Read more.
U.S. Army Sgt. From PA Receives Nation's Second-Highest Honor For Valor At Veterans Museum In Oakland (Susquehanna County):
The late Army Staff Sgt. Stevon A. Booker was awarded the nation’s second-highest award for valor at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum. Sgt. Booker was the first soldier from southwestern Pennsylvania to be killed in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom, and Friday marked 16 years since his death at age 34 on April 5, 2003. Read more.
U.S. Department Of Veterans Affairs (VA) Lebanon Medical Center Virtual Tick Bite Clinic:
PA has more Lyme Disease cases than any other state. Lebanon VA Medical Center is now offering a virtual tick bite clinic. If you have been bitten by a tick, call 717-272-6621 and choose option 3. The free clinic is available to veterans Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. No copay is needed.
Across the Nation
Attention Veterans And Reservist Survey:
Sandbox Industries, Inc., a veteran-owned nonprofit organization, is developing a veteran entrepreneurial training and certificate program tailored to the unique needs of military veterans, reservists, and military retirees, as well as their spouses and children. In order to gauge interest in a program of this type, Sandbox would appreciate your participation in a brief survey.
Blue Water Navy Veterans And Surviving Spouses – Act Now To Claim Presumptive Conditions:
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit extended the presumption of exposure to herbicides to cover veterans who served in the territorial sea of the Republic of Vietnam. The definition of “served in the Republic of Vietnam” now extends to 12 nautical miles off the coast of Vietnam. Read more.
Driven To Find The Very Best Providers To Care For Fellow Veterans:
Sam Wright, national recruitment specialist at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), is a veteran and a veteran recruiter. Based in Montgomery, Alabama, Wright spends his time networking, talking to hiring managers about open positions and explaining to doctors what it’s like to work at VA. Read more.
First Responders Education Benefits And Discounts:
The New England College of Business (NECB), recognizes what you do and the sacrifices you make for the country and are committed to helping you achieve your educational and career goals through award-winning programs. All military, veterans, law enforcement, first responders and families are eligible for exclusive tuition discounts. Enroll.Point of contact: Alvin Randolph at 617.837.6972 or email [email protected]
U.S. Department Of Veterans Affairs (VA) Increases Contracting With Service-Disabled And Veteran-Owned Small Businesses:
Secretary of VA Robert Wilkie announced an increase to the department’s goals for contracting with Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB) and Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (VOSB). For fiscal year (FY) 2019, VA seeks to award at least 15 percent of its total contract dollars to SDVOSBs and at least 17 percent to VOSBs, representing a five percent increase in both goals. Read more.
U.S. Department Of Veterans Affairs (VA), LinkedIn Partner to benefit VA Caregivers and Fry Scholars:
VA is partnering with LinkedIn to offer Fry Scholarship recipients and family caregivers currently participating in VA’s Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers cutting edge resources and tools at no cost through a one-year free premium subscription to LinkedIn with networking, employment, and learning opportunities. Read more.
This listing is offered as a resource to both Pennsylvania's veterans and businesses that seek to employ veterans. The DMVA has not investigated the positions being offered or the businesses listed, and does not warrant or guarantee either the availability or the terms and conditions of the positions listed. Please contact the employers represented in this listing directly. To have an employment opportunity listed please email: [email protected]
Capital Police Is Hiring In Harrisburg (Dauphin County):
Capitol Police Officers perform protective and other services to safeguard the lives, property, and constitutional rights of the citizens of Pennsylvania. Potential candidates must possess and ACT 120 Certificate to qualify. Those interested can apply using this link.
Mount Airy Casino Resort (Monroe County) Is Hiring:
Any questions please contact Jessica McDonnell at 570-243-4864 or email [email protected] Apply.
PA Department Of General Services Is Seeking Refrigeration/HVAC Mechanic (Dauphin County):
Seeking a skilled refrigeration/HVAC mechanic for full-time employment. Apply!
Pennsylvania Wing Administrator Ft. Indiantown Gap (Lebanon County):
The Wing Administrator works independently to provide administrative and program support to the Civil Air Patrol Wing Commander. Full job information can be found at Website.
Temple Teacher Residency:
Temple Teacher Residency is a teacher education program devoted to preparing diverse and highly-motivated individuals with strong mathematics and science subject knowledge to teach mathematics and/or science in high-need schools in the City of Philadelphia. There is an interest in working with veterans who see themselves fit in the program. Transform your love of STEM into a purposeful career! Apply to TTR today! Any questions please contact Dr. Amy Scallon at 215-204-1518 or email [email protected]
Thermo Fisher Scientific Is Looking For Veterans To Hire:
Thermo Fisher Scientific has job opportunities for veterans in supply chain, distribution, marketing, customer service, finance, legal, sales, human resources, talent acquisition and more. Contact Don Clarke at 484-353-2227 or Apply!
Veterans Employment Representative 1:
As a Veterans' Employment Representative 1, you will serve as a Disabled Veterans' Outreach Program Specialist (DVOP) in a PA CareerLink career center. You will provide employment services to disabled veterans as well as veterans facing significant barriers to employment. Working as a DVOP, you can take pride in helping fellow veterans find and keep meaningful employment, and you can make a significant and positive difference in the lives of veterans in your community. Apply today!
Waste Management Is Hiring:
- Waste Management is hiring mobile diesel technicians in Camp Hill (Cumberland County), diesel mechanics in Bristol (Bucks County) and diesel technicians in Gilbertsville (Montgomery County). - Text WASTE to 51893 or call 1-877-220-5627 for more information - These positions are eligible for sign-on bonuses of up $5,000. - Apply.
Waste Managment Hiring Event:
- April 17 and 24, 2019, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. - 200 Rangos Ln., Washington, PA (Washington County) - Walk-ins welcome! Bring a copy of your resume. Space is limited, pre-registration is strongly encouraged. Sign-on bonuses up to $7,000. Please call 877-220-5627 for more information - Apply.
Penske Hiring Truck Drivers:
- April 27, 2019, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. - Days Inn, 3 Everest Lane, Jonestown, PA (Lebanon County) - Walk-in interviews, no appointment necessary. Be prepared to road test and receive a job offer the same day. - Want more information or can’t make the event? Call 570-687-5331 to speak with a recruiter. - apply online job #1903913.
This listing is offered as a service to individuals and organizations to promote their veteran and military-oriented events being held in Pennsylvania. The information is taken directly from emailed submissions from requestors. DMVA is not responsible for incorrect information submitted. Please send details on events to [email protected] and include the following key pieces of information: 1. Name of event, 2. Date of event, 3. Time of event, 4. Address of event, 5. County of event, 6. Event website, 7. Point of contact name, 8. POC phone number, 9. POC email address, and 10. Additional details/coordinating instructions (fees, pre-registration, etc.)
Building The Bridge:
- April 12, 2019, 8:15 a.m.-2:30 p.m. - Luther Acres, 600 E. Main St., Lititz, PA (Lancaster County) - Any questions, contact Christine Brubaker at 717-272-6621, ext. 5726 or email [email protected] - Building the Bridge recognizes that veteran-centered, recovery-oriented care requires both active and ongoing cooperation with veterans, caregivers, family members, community providers and U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) providers. Please join for education, collaborative discussion and workgroup sessions to further develop, strengthen and sustain working relationships. - Register.
Defense Distribution Center Susquehanna River View Golf Course Opening Day:
- Par 3 Contest, April 12, 2019, shotgun start, 1 p.m., 4-Person Scramble, April 13, 2019, shotgun start, 9 a.m. - A Avenue Bldg. 300, New Cumberland, PA (Cumberland County) 17070 - To register, contact the Riverview Golf Course at 717-770-5199, by April 8, 2019 - Play in both and save with the opening weekend two-for-one Special. To celebrate the 60th anniversary and kick off the 2019 golf season, Riverview Golf Course wants to give back to dedicated golfers with the opening weekend two-for-one Special. Participate in both the Par-3 contest and the 4-Person Scramble and save money as you play!
Attention Female Veterans - Meet Other Female Veterans:
- April 13, 2019, 11 a.m. - Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall, 4141 Fifth Ave., Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County) - For information on the meetings, call Vickie at 412-319-7761. To arrange for ride sharing from the South Hills, contact Chris at 412-833-1452 - Are you a woman who has served in the U.S. Military? Did you know that you are welcome in the Pittsburgh Keystone Chapter 120 of the Women's Army Corp Veterans' Association - Army Women United? Chapter 120 currently has members who are veterans of WWII through currently serving women, and welcome you to join as well. All female veterans, regardless of branch, retired or active duty are welcome. - Website.
- April 13, 2019, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. - Saxton Community Library, 315 Front St., Saxton, PA (Bedford County) - Point of contact: Ronald Pawuk at 814-215-9683 - Hosted by CPT Phillips VFW Post 4129. Representatives from the James E. Van Zandt U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center and accredited service officers will be on hand to discuss VA services and benefits. Hamburgers and hotdogs will be served to veterans. Bring a copy of your DD-214.
A Tribute To The King:
- April 13, 2019, doors open at 3 p.m., Dinner at 4:30 p.m., Show at 6 p.m. - Amvets Post 103, 123 Buttermilk Lane, Hopwood, PA (Fayette County) - Point of Contact: Patty Tegge at 724-430-1241 or email [email protected] - Event includes dinner, show, a basket auction and a 50/50. Proceeds benefit Western District of PSACDVA (Pennsylvania State Association of County Directors of Veterans Affairs). Tickets are $30 per person. - Show features two nationally acclaimed Elvis Tribute Artists, Kelly Hylton and Joe Ramsey.
Veterans Breakfast Club:
- April 14, 2019, 6-8 p.m. - 1212 Smallman St., Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County) - Free Event! Heinz History Center - Shadow of War: Living with a Combat Veteran. All veterans and their families are invited to this special event focusing on the impact of war on the families of those who fight. Children and spouses will share stories, as well as veterans. The VBC is a nonprofit that creates communities of listening around veterans and their stories. Storytelling events, both morning and night, are held throughout western Pennsylvania. Veterans from World War II to Iraq and Afghanistan share their stories. They are open to the public, and you don’t need to be a veteran to attend. - Website. - Facebook page.
Gems Of The Military – OneSource Website: Resources For Getting Richer:
- April 17, 2019, 2-2:45 p.m. - Military OneSource is pleased to offer interactive webinars about topics important to you. Message your questions and comments during the events or just sit back and learn. Learn about resources on the Military OneSource website that can help you save to be a millionaire, or maybe just buy a new car. We will look at resources to build wealth, tools for planning for retirement, and how to access financial magazines, all for free. - Register for this event by April 16, 2019. Register.
Town Hall Meeting – U.S. Department Of Veterans Affairs (VA) Butler Health Care System:
- April 17, 2019, 5-6 p.m. - 56 Clarion Plaza Suite 115, Monroe Township, PA (Butler County) - The Butler VA Health Care System is hosting a Town Hall Meeting at its Clarion County VA Clinic to provide updates on topics such as access, budget, performance, current Butler VA events, etc., and provide feedback on VA operations. VA staff will be on hand to listen to veterans and their families and answer questions. - Facebook event.
7th Annual Matthew "Scrapper" Hanes Memorial Ride (York County):
- April 20, 2019, 9 a.m.-7p.m. - Join the Warrior Brotherhood Motorcycle Club Pennsylvania Chapter for the 7th Annual Matthew "Scrapper" Hanes Memorial Ride. This ride is aimed at raising money for the Matthew Hanes Memorial Scholarship program at Dickinson College Army ROTC. - Facebook page.
Comedy Improv Workshop For Veterans And Their Families:
- April 26, 2019, 6:30-9 p.m. - 1311 Santee Mill Rd., Bethlehem, PA (Northampton County) - Point of contact: Jenny Pacanowski at 570-269-7528 or email [email protected] - Are you a veteran or family of a veteran looking for a creative outlet or a fun way to de-stress? Women Veterans Empowered & Thriving presents a free comedy improv workshop provided for all veterans of all eras and their families. In this workshop, participants will gain confidence, and learn to think on their feet in a low-pressure environment. Find humor in your effort. We hope to see you there! - Website.
A Wellness Retreat For Women Veterans:
- April 27, 2019, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. - Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Hadley Union Building "the HUB", 319 Pratt Dr., Indiana, PA (Indiana County) - FREE to all women who have served in the military. Educational workshops on health and wellness, purposeful storytelling for connection and healing, yoga, art therapy, essential oils and community resources for women veterans & their families. - Register or call 1-800-215-7494.
Williamsport Vet Center Open House And Resource Event:
- April 27, 2019, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. - 49 E. Fourth St., Williamsport, PA (Lycoming County) - Point of contact: Juanita Cook at 570-327-5281 or 570-954-2283 or email [email protected] - This event covers Potter, Tioga, Bradford, Clinton, Lycoming, Sullivan, Montour, Northumberland, Union, Snyder, and Mifflin counties. Free refreshments will be provided, there is no fee to attend and families are welcome.
Creative Writing Workshop And Meet-Up For Women Veterans:
- April 28, 2019, 1-4 p.m. - Hellertown American Legion, 935 Main St., 3rd floor, Hellertown, PA (Northampton County) - Point of contact: Jenny Pacanowski at 570-269-7528 or email [email protected] - Free workshop for women veterans of all eras. No writing experience necessary. Location subject to change, please contact to confirm: 570-269-7528. Join for a greet, meet and eat followed by opportunity to empower your experiences through creativity, compassion and comradery. - Website.
Military Sexual Trauma Pathways To Recovery:
- April 29, 2019, noon-1:30 p.m. - U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Pittsburgh Healthcare System, University Dr., Bldg. 29, Learning Exchange, Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County) - All are welcome, but seating is limited. R.S.V.P. to White Oak Vet Center at 412-678-7704 - Join veterans and counselors from VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System's White Oak, Wheeling and Pittsburgh Vet Centers for a presentation and panel discussion on military sexual trauma and the pathways to recovery that veterans have found.
Ninth Annual WWII Weekend At Valley Forge:
- May 4-5, 2019, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. - Point of contact: Call 215-518-1935 - You can buy admission tickets online at Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge. The ninth Annual WWII Weekend is just around the corner. This will be held at the Freedom Foundation at Valley Forge. The Reenactment units set up camp on the grounds for the weekend and engage in a mock battle. The purpose of the World War II weekends is to educate visitors, especially the younger generation, of the courage of our soldiers, the sacrifices they make, and the hardships they endure. - Facebook page.
Washington Wild Things Upcoming Armed Forces Day Event:
- May 18, 2019, 7:05 p.m. - Wild Things Park, One Washington Federal Way, Washington, PA (Washington County) - For reservations or questions contact Chris Blaine 724-250-7525 or email [email protected] - At the beginning of the game, the team will be recognizing PA National Guard member who was killed, Sgt. 1st Class Brent Adams. His parents will be there. - Get tickets!
PA Cares Training Summit:
- May 22, 2019 - Comfort Inn, 1 Denver Rd., Denver, PA (Lancaster County) - Register by April 27, 2019. If you have difficulty using the online registration, please call 717-510-8563 for assistance.- This one day event focuses on considerations that are needed to promote wellness within the lives of service members, veterans, and their families. Please read and follow instructions carefully. All instructions must be completed by first logging in to TRAIN PA: Go to www.train.org/pa, you will now be on the TRAIN PA homepage; Log in to TRAIN PA by entering your log in name and password and click the “Login” button. Find Course and Register; enter the keyword “PA-EBH” in the Keyword or Course ID field located in the upper right-hand portion of the screen; click the search icon button, you will be taken to the course search results page; click on the name of a course, “PA-EBH: FY18/19 2019 PA CARES Training Summit (7 Hours) – Lancaster, PA”; from the Course Details page, select the registration tab and follow the instructions to register for this course. - Read more.
Philadelphia Phillies 2019 Salute To The Military Game Against The St. Louis Cardinals:
- May 28, 2019, 7:05 p.m. - Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, PA (Philadelphia County) - All military personnel, veterans and their guests will receive a special ticket discount! - Buy tickets.