Position Title: Workplace Outreach Specialist
Classification: Part Time, Temporary (30hrs/week for 92 weeks); Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Director of Drug Overdose Task Force (DOTF)
Summary: The Workplace Outreach Specialist will be responsible for relationships with employers, Chambers of Commerce, and business associations to facilitate their designation as Recovery Friendly Workplaces.
Major Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop a mechanism to distribute promotional materials to community organizations or employers to increase employment options for those in Recovery.
Secure bookings at speaking and/or tabling events to initiate RFW partnerships
Develop and implement one workshop each for Healthcare professionals in Westmoreland and Fayette counties, and one workshop for Employers in both counties. Includes contracting facilitator and speakers as well as securing audiences for events.
Create content for web posts about specific program elements in collaboration with DOTF coordinator
Create calendar entries, photos, and draft press releases in collaboration with DOTF coordinator
Work with partners for community awareness
Familiarize him/herself with process of enrolling employers in the RFW initiative
Ensures participation information is captured through data
Creates outreach records necessary for effective program evaluation
Tracks monthly outreach events
Prepares final outreach report detailing outcomes
Other duties assigned as needed
- 3-4 years’ experience with community organizing, outreach or audience building; demonstrated experience with public speaking
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following areas: public policy, social work, health care, judicial system, law enforcement, public administration, public relations, psychology, education or business required
- Demonstrate involvement with employers in Westmoreland and/or Fayette Counties, PA
- Excellent oral & written communication skills with a variety of audiences
- Commitment and a passion to improve the lives of others
- Previous work in the non-profit sector is not required but ideal
- Ability to establish and maintain creditability
- Ability to be decisive, responsible for programmatic and administrative recommendations to the Westmoreland County DOTF
- Must possess a valid PA Driver’s license and vehicle insurance to comply with agency standards of coverage
- Act 33/34 clearances required
Scheduling and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to work in a variety of settings; willing and able to work long and irregular hours and travel; must be able to drive and have access to a vehicle for work related travel (mileage reimbursed); familiarly and ability to operate office and computer equipment; must be able to maintain composure and service orientation while managing multiple deadlines or working with challenging personalities
- Confidentiality – Will have access to confidential and sensitive information. Must maintain strict confidentiality and be a strategic communicator who can separate personal opinion from the official voice of the DOTF.
- Performance Standards: Evaluated on his /her ability to effectively perform the essential functions of the position through effective utilization of the skill qualifications described above and the ability to meet annual individual goals set in consultation with the board of director.
Visit http://westmorelandca.org/employment-2/ for more information.