Westmoreland County Department of Public Safety is pleased to announce that applications are being accepted for summer and fall 2018 internships. We are looking for individuals in one or more of the following fields for Public Safety Public Relations Intern for: business, communications, finance/accounting, emergency management, homeland security/intelligence, information technology, grants management, public relations and public administration major or minor fields of study.
Students interested should be responsible, motivated, and exercise a high degree of discretion. It is preferable that applicants have a background in one of more of the following fields: business, communications, finance/accounting, emergency management, homeland security/intelligence, information technology, grants management, public relations and public administration.
- Participate in on-the-job NIMS and Professional Development training courses through FEMA
- Support staff with general activities and special projects
- Gain knowledge of Federal, State, County & Local emergency management planning and preparedness.
- Perform research, develop content for emergency planning and preparedness initiatives, and assist in public relations for the Westmoreland County Department of Public Safety who serve the residents of Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania.
- Preliminary responsibilities may include taking notes, doing research, tracking media coverage, and assembling public relations emergency preparedness packages, especially for educating the general public on emergency preparedness and emergency planning and other duties as assigned within the Department of Public Safety related to emergency management.
Christopher Tantlinger, Deputy Emergency Management Coordinator to receive application documents and application.
Call 724-600-7349 oremail.