Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
NEWS RELEASE * FOR IMMEDIATE USE *
November 21, 2016
Contact: Josh Miller (724) 830-3958 or Aaron Siko (724) 830-3960
E-Mail: [email protected] or [email protected]
Canada Goose Season Open at County Parks
Beginning December 17, 2016 through January 14, 2017, Westmoreland County Parks will be open to hunters on a limited schedule. The County has participated in scheduled control programs for the past few years and recognizes that hunting still remains the most effective and efficient way to manage the resident goose population at their lakes. The County also participates in the US Fish and Wildlife Services “Geese Peace” program to further control the geese population at our County Parks.
HUNTING HOURS AND LOCATIONS:
TWIN LAKES PARK, GREENSBURG
DAWN TILL 9AM (TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS ONLY)
MAMMOTH PARK, MT. PLEASANT
DAWN TILL 9AM (MONDAY AND WEDNESDAYS ONLY)
NORTHMORELAND PARK, APOLLO
DAWN TILL 9AM (MONDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS ONLY)
CHESTNUT RIDGE PARK, ACME
DAWN TILL DUSK (There are no day restrictions for hunting)
BRIDGEPORT DAM PARK, MT. PLEASANT
PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR HUNTING:
• All birds must be retrieved.
• Retriever dogs can be used at any of the parks where hunting is permitted. Dogs must be kept on a leash when they are not retrieving.
• Kayaks and canoes are permitted at Mammoth, Northmoreland, Chestnut Ridge and Bridgeport Dam Parks. Rowboats and electric motors are permitted at Chestnut Ridge and Bridgeport Dam Parks. All park rules must be followed. Check the County Parks website for a complete set of rules for each park pertaining to boating: www.co.westmoreland.pa.us/parks
• No watercraft is permitted at Twin Lakes Park.
• All PA Game Commission and PA Fish and Boat Commission rules must be followed.