Citizens Advisory Board
We strive to engender the widespread appreciation and enjoyment of Westmoreland County's natural resources through its recreational facilities and programming.
We intend to facilitate the implementation of Westmoreland County's Parks Horizons: A Comprehensive Park, Recreation and Open Space Plan to assure and enhance the quality of life within the region.
We intend to fulfill our mission by:
- supporting the acquisition, development, and preservation of land; rights-of-way; landscaping projects; recreational and educational structures, facilities, equipment; and programs
- harnessing and coordinating the potential energy of community organizations working to enhance the quality of life
- advocating a unifying partnership among governments, stakeholders, and interested citizens
- encouraging the growth of the Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation Fund of the Community Foundation of Westmoreland County
Annual ReportClick here to view the current Annual Report.
"Parks Passport" Destination Guide Instagram Contest
The “Parks Passport” is an informative guide to our 10 Westmoreland County parks and 5 trails. The Passport encourages marchers to visit and learn more about Westmoreland County’s hidden gems! Click here to download a digital copy of the Parks Passport! Or, please contact the Parks Office if you'd like a souvenir paper copy of the Passport.
1. Visit 10 different Westmoreland County parks and trails (there are 15 total!) from now until October 31, 2021.
2. Take a photo by a recognizable feature at each park or trail (for example, the Destination Playground at Twin Lakes Park, Roberts Trail Access along the Westmoreland Heritage Trail, the Gorge at Cedar Creek Park).
3. Post 10 photos to Instagram (all 10 photos must be in 1 post; please do not post separate photos).
4. Tag @marchforparks or use #marchforparks, #parkspassport, #westmorelandcountyparks, or #westmorelandcountytrails in your post
5. You will be entered to win a Laurel Highlands grand prize gift package!
6. 1 winner will be drawn on November 1, 2021.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (724) 830-3962 with any questions. Happy Exploring! No purchase is necessary to enter the contest. One entry per account. One winner is selected at random at the end of contest period.
Support the CAB!
The Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation Citizens Advisory Board, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation and donations to it are tax deductible (ID #25-1895187).
Download the Citizens Advisory Board Planned Giving Brochure
The Citizens Advisory Board may also be designated as your United Way Contributor Choice as option #1327170.
All Fellows Awardees will be honored at our annual Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation Citizens Advisory Board Green Luncheon in September. Check out the Green Luncheon page for more information. Your cumulative gifts will determine your level of recognition.
Board MeetingsThe Citizens Advisory Board meets the fourth Tuesday of every other month at the Westmoreland County Public Works Building, 194 Donohoe Road, Greensburg, PA 15601. Meetings start at 7:30 a.m.
Board of Directors
Jay Tarara, Chairman
Mandy Zalich, Vice Chairman
Ann Nemanic, 2nd Vice Chairman
Dave Hawk, Treasurer
Robert Myers, D. Ed., Secretary
Ronald Gdovic, Ph.D.
Dr. Robert Keeler, DC
John Ward, Esquire