March for Parks
Saturday, March 24, 2018!
Marches will be held at TWO locations in 2018:
- Twin Lakes Park Expansion Area in Greensburg
- Murrysville Community Center along the Turtle Creek Extension of the Westmoreland Heritage Trail
Download 2018 March for Parks materials (PDF files):
2018 Registration Brochure
2018 March for Parks flyer
2018 Contribution Form
Team Captain Handbook
Student Community Service Hours info sheet
The March for Parks (MFP) is an annual event organized by Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation, to have fun while raising funds for park improvements. Funds raised are used to match state and foundation grants, and to leverage other funding from a variety of sources. They have supported substantial improvements to Westmoreland County parks and trails, including construction of an amphitheater, dog park, winter sports area, Boundless Playground, skate park, dek hockey rink, and trails.
How does the MFP work?
Participants can collect donations before the March, either individually or as a member of a team. Many people form teams by organizing friends and family, school/sport/place of worship/work or community groups, or in memory of a loved one. There is friendly competition for recognition as a top fundraising team. Donations may be mailed in, or collected on the morning of the March.
Are there opportunities for businesses or individuals to sponsor the March?
Yes! For businesses seeking a high value promotional opportunity, sponsorship of the March is a way to build substantial goodwill at low cost. Sponsorship is also suitable for an individual or family wishing to make a larger contribution.
Click here to download a Sponsorship Package
- Cedar Creek Park: Dog Park, Winter Sports Area, Accessible Playground, and Pavilion #1 improvements
- Mammoth Park: Giant Slide upgrade, Disc Golf Course, Tennis and Street Hockey Court renovations, dredge and rehabilitate Mammoth Lake
- Northmoreland Park: New pavilion area with accessible playground facilities, new restrooms for BMX and soccer areas
- Final 3.4 miles of the Turtle Creek Extension of the Westmoreland Heritage Trail from Murrysville to Export
- Land Acquisition
- ALL PARKS: Improvements to restrooms, parking lots, roads, walkways, and other support facilities
- Wherever most needed
If you can't attend the March, but would still like to contribute, please send a check made payable to
March For Parks
194 Donohoe Road
Greensburg, PA 15601
Patrick & Lynn Gurrentz
Labor United Celebration
UPMC East / UPMC Health Plan
BDO USA, LLP
Fancy Fox Customs
Tom Gillen, DMD
Greater Westmoreland County Labor Council
Markosky Engineering Group, Inc.
Mayor Regis Synan, Municipality of Murrysville
Meyer, Unkovic and Scott LLP
Moe's Southwest Grill
Mon-Valley RC Airplane Club
Ward & Christner, PC
Snyder of Berlin
William A. Varley, MD
Westmoreland Mechanical Testing
Westmoreland County Chamber of Commerce
Buffalo Wild Wings
Commercial Bank and Trust of PA
Dura-Bond Industries, Inc.
Eat 'n Park
Grossman, Yanak & Ford
Matt Machine & Manufacturing, Inc.
Snyder of Berlin
Tender Care Learning Center
Belle Vernon Rotary Club
1st Summit Bank
Design 3 Architecture
GAI Consultants, Inc.
Hayden Appraisal Services
Lakeview Animal Clinic
Max & Erma's
Means & Vance, PC
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
Northwood Realty Services - Susan Rogers
Primanti Brothers Greensburg
ProBike + Run
Rutledge Auto Service
Seven Springs Resort
UPMC Center for Rehab Services
Wiester Insurance Agency
Signs of Excellence