Twin Lakes Park
Twin Lakes Park balances natural resources and public use and has received national recognition for its facilities and programs that are designed for use by all people. Stone paved walkways, three fishing decks, and modified picnic and play areas are a few of the accessible, barrier-free facilities available. Approximate acreage of the Park is 467 acres.
GPS Address: 219 Twin Lakes Road, Latrobe, PA 15650
Peach Plaza Expansion Area GPS Address: 333 Skate Park Loop, Greensburg, PA 15601 (Across from 1087 Georges Station Road, Greensburg, PA 15601)
- Pavilion Rental: Twin Lakes Park has ten pavilions located throughout the park, which will accommodate groups up to 200. Rent a pavilion online here Park Amenities.
- Activity Center: Available for year-round rental, the Twin Lakes Activity Center includes a small kitchen, indoor restrooms, and a reception hall / meeting room. The building is heated and air-conditioned and will accommodate groups of up to 100 persons.
- Lower & Upper Lakes : The PA Fish and Boat Commission stocks both lakes with hardy game fish. Fall and winter stockings make both lakes a haven for ice fishing enthusiasts. A figure-eight walkway circles both lakes for a total of 2.5 miles. Private boats, canoes, and kayaks are not permitted on the lower and upper lakes at Twin Lakes.
- The Boathouse : Twin Lakes Boathouse, which sits on the shore of the Lower Lake, offers pedal boats, canoes and rowboats are available for hourly rental. Food, drinks, and live bait are also available to park visitors year-round. Call (724) 832-7735 for hours and more information.
- Reflection Island: Located on the Upper Lake, this memorial area has been designated for quiet reflection and meditation. It contains five areas designated to memorialize or honor family members and loved ones.
- Vietnam Veterans of Westmoreland County Memorial : The memorial is located on the Upper Lake near Pavilion #2.
- Hunting: Portions of the Park are open for hunting. View the park map for hunting areas.
- Memorial Brick Program: Purchase a commemorative brick to memorialize a loved one, share a special date or message, or show support for your favorite park. Bricks can be engraved with a custom message, and will be placed in the walkway around the Upper or Lower Lake. Click here to download an application Park Amenities .
- Park Hours: 9:00 a.m. to Dusk
- For more information, please call (724) 830-3950
Peach Plaza Expansion Area Amenities:
(Located across from 1087 Georges Station Road, Greensburg, PA 15601)
Peach Plaza Skate and Action Park:Peach Plaza Skate and Action Park is a street plaza type skate park which is free to the public. Park hours are 9:00 am to dusk.
Franklin Dog Park:Approximately the size of two football fields, the Franklin Dog Park is the first of its kind in Westmoreland County with three fenced-in areas. Dog owners/custodians are responsible for the acts and conduct of their animals at all times.
Ferrier Family Life Trail:The Ferrier Life Trail is a wellness system with seven exercise stations with 20 different activities (6 are handicap-accessible), spread out over a 1900-foot path. The Ferrier Family Life Trail is scientifically designed for older adults, but visitors of any age can use it.
Boundless Playground:This large 90-foot by 120-foot boundless playground offers children a variety of activities including slides, mazes, swings, balance challenges and climbers. All walking decks are twice the width of a usual playground, allowing for wheelchairs to fit easily on the decks.
Elizabeth Anna Peach-Bolish Winter Sports Area:The Winter Sports Area consists of three sledding and tubing runs, ranging from beginner to advanced. This area was designed to promote health and wellness, and there is not a lift back to the top. Sleds and tubes are not provided at the site.
David R. Peach Dek Hockey Rink:This 150' by 75' dek hockey rink is available for recreational games, practices, league games, open skating, and a variety of other activities. During normal hours it is available for general use unless posted as reserved.
Brian T. Rusnock Amphitheater:This beautiful outdoor amphitheater is host to a summer concert series featuring local musicians, as well as other special programming. Hillside seating offers a great view of the stage, and visitors are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs and blankets. View the free Summer Concert Series schedule here !
- Park Hours: 9:00 a.m. to Dusk