Northmoreland Park is 548 acres in size and is the largest Westmoreland County park. The Northmoreland Lake is stocked by the PA Fish and Boat Commission and includes both warm water fish and trout. The lake provides excellent fishing opportunities and a fishing derby is held every year. The nearby playgrounds, pavilions, Activity Center and trails also help to make the lake a very popular destination for park visitors.
GPS Address: 280 Markle Road, Apollo, PA 15613
- Pavilion Rental: Northmoreland Park has 12 pavilions located throughout the park, which will accommodate groups up to 200. Rent a pavilion online here.
- Facilities : The Northmoreland Activity Center is available for year-round rental. It includes a small kitchen, indoor restrooms and a heated and air-conditioned reception hall / meeting room.
- Northmoreland Lake : The 17 acre lake offers great fishing opportunities and is stocked every year by the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission. Recreational canoeing and kayaking is permitted from May 1 to October 31, 7:00 am to dusk. Only non-motorized kayak and canoes up to 16 feet in length are permitted. Click here for all rules and regulations.
- BMX Track : The BMX track is operated by the Westmoreland BMX Club and serves over 100 youth members. Club races and practice sessions are scheduled May through September. For more information, call the Westmoreland BMX Association at 724-980-6413.
- Athletic Fields : Northmoreland Park has four ball fields and nine soccer fields that are leased by various community leagues. There are also two newly-renovated tennis courts and a basketball court. The tennis courts can also be used for pickle ball!
- Model Radio-Controlled Airfield : Park visitors will see a wide variety of models take to the airways of Northmoreland Park. The Northmoreland Park R/C Airplane Club operates the model airfield at the park.
- Hunting : View the park map to see the portions of the park that are open for hunting.
- Memorial Brick Program: Purchase a commemorative brick to memorialize a loved one, share a special date or message, or show support for your favorite park. Bricks can be engraved with a custom message, and will be placed in the walkway around Northmoreland Lake. Click here to download an application.
- Park Hours: 9:00 a.m. to Dusk
- For more information, please call (724) 830-3950