|Pavilion Renters please note:
Mammoth Park Construction - 2019
The construction of the new Giant Slide Complex at Mammoth Park is now underway. The renovation of the tennis and dek hockey courts is also included in this project. Provided things go smoothly and the weather cooperates, the project will be completed by late fall of this year. Depending on the date and how well the landscaping progresses, we will either reopen the site very late this year or in the spring of 2020. Either way, it will be open for the picnic season of 2020.
Pavilion #5, located close to the slide, is currently not available for rental due to construction. It is available for rental in 2020 so make you plans now for a family reunion or graduation party at Mammoth Park next year in order to enjoy our new Giant Slide Complex!
A nine-hole disc golf course is also planned and it will be installed in the winter and spring of 2019-20 and should open in the summer of 2020.
Mammoth Park (approximate acreage: 408) contains a 24-acre fresh water lake stocked by the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission that provides excellent fishing opportunities. Another attraction is the 96-foot high giant slide and creative play area that has provided many thrilling rides to adventuresome park visitors.
GPS Address: 171 County Park Road, Mt. Pleasant, PA 15666
- Pavilion Rental: Mammoth Park has 14 pavilions which will accommodate groups up to 200. Rent a pavilion online here.
- Mammoth Lake : A natural stopover for migrating waterfowl and a beautiful area for a lakeside picnic or hike. Handicap fishing docks are available and when frozen, the lake can be used for ice fishing. Recreational canoeing and kayaking are permitted from May 1 to October 31, 7:00 am to dusk. Only non-motorized kayak and canoes up to 16 feet in length are permitted. Click here for all rules and regulations.
- Giant Slide & Creative Play Area : This unique 96-foot giant slide is nestled into the hillside of Mammoth Park and is fun for all visitors. **The original Giant Slide closed on November 4, 2018. Construction is still underway on the new Giant Slide facility.**
- Scenic Overlook : A 10-mile view of the Mammoth Park countryside is available from this panoramic observation deck.
- Ball Field Complex : Mammoth Park is home to two premier softball / baseball fields, which are available by application for league, tournament, or pick-up play. Soccer fields are also available in the complex.
- Tennis Courts and Dek Hockey Courts
- Skate Park for bikes, inline skates, and skateboards
- Model Radio-Controlled Airfield : The Laurel Highlands R/C Airplane Club operates the Mammoth Park R/C Airfield. Park visitors will see a wide variety of models take to the airways daily. Visit their website for more information.
- Hunting : Portions of the park are open for hunting. The lakefront area is closed periodically in fall for waterfowl hunting.
- World War II Veterans Memorial: The memorial is located next to Pavilion #2 parking area.
- Park Hours: 9:00 a.m. to Dusk
- For more information, please call (724) 830-3950