Mammoth Park (approximate acreage: 408) contains a 24-acre fresh water lake stocked by the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission that provides excellent fishing opportunities. Another attraction is the Giant Slide Complex which features two100-feet long stainless steel slides and creative play areas perfect for adventuresome park visitors.
GPS Address: 171 County Park Road, Mt. Pleasant, PA 15666
- Pavilion Rental: Mammoth Park has 14 pavilions which will accommodate groups up to 200. Rent a pavilion online here.
- Mammoth Lake : A natural stopover for migrating waterfowl and a beautiful area for a lakeside picnic or hike. Handicap fishing docks are available and when frozen, the lake can be used for ice fishing. Recreational canoeing and kayaking are permitted from May 1 to October 31, 7:00 am to dusk. Only non-motorized kayak and canoes up to 16 feet in length are permitted. Click here for all rules and regulations.
- Giant Slide Complex : This one-of-a-kind facility boasts two, approximately100-foot stainless steel slides, one 40-foot plastic slide for younger visitors, a climbing cargo net, and rock "scramble." This area is ADA-accessible with seating, natural landscaping, and plenty of photo opportunities. Click here to visit the Mammoth Park Giant Slide Complex page.
- Scenic Overlook : A 10-mile view of the Mammoth Park countryside is available from this panoramic observation deck.
- Ball Field Complex : Mammoth Park is home to two premier softball / baseball fields, which are available by application for league, tournament, or pick-up play. Soccer fields are also available in the complex.
- Tennis Courts and Dek Hockey Courts
- Skate Park for bikes, inline skates, and skateboards
- Model Radio-Controlled Airfield : The Laurel Highlands R/C Airplane Club operates the Mammoth Park R/C Airfield. Park visitors will see a wide variety of models take to the airways daily. Visit their website for more information.
- Hunting : Portions of the park are open for hunting. The lakefront area is closed periodically in fall for waterfowl hunting.
- World War II Veterans Memorial: The memorial is located next to Pavilion #2 parking area.
- Memorial Brick Program: Purchase a commemorative brick to memorialize a loved one, share a special date or message, or show support for your favorite park. Bricks can be engraved with a custom message, and will be placed in the walkway around Mammoth Lake. Click here to download an application.
- Park Hours: 9:00 a.m. to Dusk
- For more information, please call (724) 830-3950