Requirements for Garnishment Services
- Original Writ of Execution* (money judgment)
- Writ of Execution Notice and Claim for Exemption form
- Attorney's check for advance fee of $200 for first garnishee, $100 for each additional garnishee, made payable to James Albert, Sheriff of Westmoreland County; payment for Pro Se filings by certified check, money order, or cash
- Sheriff's instruction sheet completed (same instruction sheet as used for complaints, etc)
- Envelope addressed to each defendant with attorney's return address with postage affixed (due to regulations we will be unable to accept metered postage); in each envelope place a copy of the Writ and the Notice and Claim for Exemption form
- One self-addressed envelope to attorney with postage affixed (due to postal regulations we will be unable to accept metered postage)
*Foreign writs should be filed/indexed/docketed with the Westmoreland County Prothonotary's Office prior to remitting to our office for service.
Copies of Documents
Please provide enough copies of the Writ of Execution and Notice and Claim for Exemption forms that each garnishee would receive a copy for themselves and each defendant (See Rule 3111. Service of the Writ on Garnishee) and enough copies of the Interrogatories for each garnishee served (if so directed). A fee of $1 will be assessed for each copy the Sheriff's Office must make.