Requirements for Personal Property Sales-Levy
- Original Writ of Execution* (money judgment)
- Writ of Execution Notice and Claim for Exemption form
- Sheriff's Levy Instruction form
- Attorney's check for $300 (advance fee) made payable to James Albert, Sheriff of Westmoreland County; payment for Pro Se filing by certified check, money order, or cash.
- Envelope addressed to each defendant with attorney's return address with postage affixed (due to regulations we will be unable to accept metered postage); in each envelope place a copy of the Writ and the Notice and Claim for Exemption form.
- Two self-addressed envelopes to attorney with postage affixed (due to postal regulations we will be unable to accept metered postage)
*Foreign writs should be filed / indexed / docketed with the Westmoreland County Prothonotary's Office prior to remitting to our office for service.
A fee of $1 will be assessed for each copy the sheriff's office must make.