More About Marriage Licenses
This site submits information for a marriage application, which is not complete until both applicants appear in the Register of Wills Office with required documentation (certified copy of divorce decree if applicable, printed confirmation number and valid photo ID, such as a current driver’s license, passport or visa).
Before You Start
1) Review Marriage License Requirements
2) Cost: $70.00 (cash or credit card, payable at office appearance).
3) When to apply:
- Within 60 days of wedding date
- 3-day waiting period* from the applicants’ appearance in the Register of Wills Office. License will be issued three days after appearance in the Register of Wills Office.
- *PA consolidated Statute Title 23
- License is only valid for 60 calendar days from the date of issue
Save Time with Online Application
You must still appear in person within 60 days after submitting application online.
For those couples who have extenuating circumstances which prohibit them from appearing in the Register of Wills Office during business hours, a representative from the Register of Wills Office will meet with the couple to process the license. The cost for this service is an additional $60.
A marriage license issued in Westmoreland County may be used anywhere in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Likewise, a license issued in any other county in Pennsylvania may be used in Westmoreland County.