- One color photo is needed
- 2 x 2 inches in size
- Printed on thin, photo-quality paper
- Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
- Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
- Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
The picture should be taken in normal street attire:
- Uniforms should not be worn in photograph except religious attire that is worn daily
- Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline
- Beginning November 1, 2016 customers must remove their eyeglasses when taking a photo for a U.S. passport.
- Customers may wear glasses only in rare circumstances of medical necessity (e.g., when a customer has had recent surgery and eyeglasses are necessary to protect the applicant's eyes during urgent travel.)
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required)
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture
passport photos can be taken in the Prothonotary's Office for an additional fee of $10.00.