C-PACE Infographic Updated

The Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) program provides a financing mechanism for the owners of commercial, industrial and agricultural property in Westmoreland County to obtain long-term financing from private lenders to pay for energy efficiency, renewable energy and water conservation projects. Sustainable Energy Fund administers the county C-PACE program.

How Does It Work?

Property owners apply for a loan with a capital provider to fund eligible project costs. The C-PACE loan is repaid through a voluntary special assessment that is billed and collected by the county as part of the annual real estate tax bill.

Eligible Projects

Commercial buildings including office, industrial and agricultural properties can apply for C-PACE financing. Multi-family housing is excluded from the C-PACE program.

New construction projects that utilize building standards and/or equipment outlined in one of the accepted building standards can apply;100% of the cost of outlined energy conservation measures are eligible.

Retroactive financing, retrofits, gut rehabs and new construction projects must meet additional requirements found in C-PACE program guidelines.

Certain soft costs — such as energy or water survey, permit fees, legal fees, inspection fees or other items — can be included in C-PACE financing.

C-PACE can be used for some stormwater management projects. If the stormwater will be collected and used to offset water usage in a building, the project may be eligible. Projects that simply manage stormwater without offsetting water usage are not eligible.

Additional information is available at Westmoreland County C-PACE.

Capital Providers

C-PACE lenders can be banks, equity investors or others. Capital providers must register with Sustainable Energy Fund to lend to C-PACE projects in Westmoreland County.

To Apply

To apply — or for more information on program development or guidelines — see Westmoreland County C-PACE.

If you have a project and seek assistance with finding a contractor, capital provider or energy auditor — or if you want to become registered for C-PACE projects — call Sustainable Energy Fund at 610-264-4440.