Westmoreland CARES Fire Department Support Grant
Applications now closed. Thank you to all who applied.
Volunteer Fire Departments applicants that are a 501c4 are currently being reviewed and award recipients will be announced in January 2021
The Westmoreland County Board of Commissioners has authorized a Westmoreland County Fire Department Support Grant Program. The program will provide up to $25,000 of calculated revenue loss due to COVID-19 or up to $25,000 of eligible and supported expenses related to COVID-19 to nonprofit fire departments within Westmoreland County that have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 public health crisis.
The Westmoreland County Fire Department Support Grant Program will be operated as follows:
- Program funds may be used to supplement operational expenses incurred during the time period of March 1, 2020 through December 30, 2020 due to the inability to create revenue through fundraising efforts as a result of the COVID-19 public health crisis.
- A fire department must be able to demonstrate:
- Financial hardships due to COVID-19, and that the purpose of the grant will be to help offset those losses.
- You may apply under Option A: revenue loss and/or Option B: COVID-19 related expenses.
- Documentation to signify loss of proceeds from past annual fundraisers during the COVID-19 public health crisis (March 1 to December 30, 2020), if using Option A or COVID-19 related expenses, if using Option B.
- If your department experienced a revenue gain, you must apply using Option B.
- This revenue replacement allowance is for non-profit fire departments only.
The funds will need to be spent according to one or more of the following categories:
- Operational expenses including, but not limited to:
- Vehicle/Equipment Repairs and Maintenance/Fuel
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Facility cleaning and disinfectant/sanitizing
- Safety training
Program funds must be utilized for eligible expenses initiated on or after March 1, 2020 and completed on or before December 30, 2020 to be considered as eligible for this grant program.
- Only fully completed applications will be considered.
- There is no application fee.
- This grant program is only for non-profit fire departments.
Grant Program Timeline
- Program Announcement: November 25th
- Submission Period: Beginning November 30th – December 14th
- Award Notification: To Be Determined
In order for your application to be considered complete and eligible for consideration, you must submit the following:
- Documentation to support a loss due to COVID-19
- Documentation to support COVID-19 related expenses.
- Form W-9, completed and signed.
- Completed and signed application form (now closed)
- IRS ruling or determination letter.
- For-profit businesses
- Organizations not delivering services in Westmoreland County.
- Organizations primarily engaged in lobbying or political activities.
- Organizations that did not experience revenue loss due to COVID-19 and/or organizations that have no additional costs associated with the COVID-19 public health crisis.
- Organizations NOT compliant with all federal, state and local laws, including taxation.
- Organizations that are delinquent in the payment of real estate taxes.
Questions? Please email CARESFD@co.westmoreland.pa.us