Westmoreland Cares Municipal Support Grant
In response to the COVID-19 public health emergency, the Westmoreland County Commissioners have allocated funds to support municipalities in recovering from, responding to, and planning efforts related to coronavirus.
Applications closed November 6, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
Thank you to all who applied.
Municipalities may use the Westmoreland Cares Municipal Grant Program to cover unbudgeted, coronavirus-related expenses incurred from March 1, 2020 through October 1, 2020. Municipalities must demonstrate how use of funds relates to responding to or preparing for coronavirus.
To be eligible to apply, a municipality must meet all of the eligibility requirements:
- Municipality must be based in the County of Westmoreland;
- Municipality must have been in operation as of February 15, 2020; and
- Municipality must follow its own procurement policy and procedures when procuring goods and services.
How can the funds be used?
Per current statutory provisions and federal and Commonwealth guidance relating to Pennsylvania Act 24 of 2020 (“Act 24”), the Pennsylvania COVID-19 – County Relief Block Grant Program, and the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”) Coronavirus Relief Fund, funds can be used to reimburse a purchase of goods or services as a direct response to the COVID-19 public health crisis.
Examples of eligible uses:
- Purchase of personal protective equipment for municipal staff;
- Purchase of equipment to facilitate social distancing measures (e.g., signage, plastic dividers);
- Purchase related to disinfection of public areas;
- Purchase of sanitizing products and/or services;
- Purchase of temperature screening equipment;
- Personnel costs for first-responders and front-line workers including police, EMA, fire, and other public safety personnel;
- Purchase of equipment and/or software to improve telework capabilities;
- Expenses associated with the communication and enforcement of public health orders; and
- Costs for transitioning to virtual and tele-meetings, website and communications expenses
Ineligible Uses of Funds:
- Funds cannot be used to replace lost revenues for municipalities.
- Funds cannot be used to reimburse expenses that have been or will be reimbursed through any other federal program or other source (e.g., FEMA program).
- The federal statute requires that payments be used only to cover costs that were not accounted for in the budget most recently approved as of March 27, 2020.
Grant information will be available on the County’s website at www.co.westmoreland.pa.us beginning Thursday, September 24. Grant awards will be capped at $30,000.
Grant Program Timeline
Thursday, September 24, 2020 — Grant Program Announcement and information release.
Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 10 AM —Period to submit Grant Applications will be open.
Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 4 PM—Period to submit Grant Applications will be closed. Applications for the grant will not be accepted after this time.
- W-9 Form;
- List of elected officials or board members;
- 2020 operating budget for the municipality;
- Invoices of all expenses incurred, for the period March 1 through October 1, 2020, relating to or responding to COVID-19 for which you wish to receive reimbursement for under this grant. If paid invoices are not yet available, a purchase order must be provided with invoices to follow by December 1, 2020;
- Documentation that the municipality has duly adopted or passed as an official act, a resolution, authorizing the filing of the application, and directing and authorizing the person(s) identified as the official representative of the applicant to act in connection with the application and to provide such additional information as may be required. This documentation must be turned into the County by October 26, 2020 if not available at the time the application is submitted.