The persons not permitted to be on an inmate's visiting list are as follows:
- Ex-inmates, unless immediate family
- Persons under eighteen (18) years of age with the exception of the immediate family being placed on the initial classification for special visits.
- Persons who are unable to supply the forms of identification mentioned within this brochure.
- Persons refusing to have their form of identification scanned.
- Persons having been approved to visit, but failed to comply with the institution's visitation policy.
The following is a list of forms of identification that will be accepted by the institution to permit visitation with an inmate:
- A valid student identification card from the school district the child attends,
- A valid photo driver's license
- A valid "Photo Identification Card" issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles
- A valid passport with picture identification
- Adult passports are valid for ten (10) years, and do have a photo for identification purposes.
- Child passports are valid for five (5) years, and do have a photo for identification purposes.
For record keeping purposes, your identification card will be scanned and stored into the prison's computer system every time you visit an inmate at the Westmoreland County Prison. Anyone refusing to have his or her identification card scanned will not be permitted to visit.