Visitors with Medical Conditions/Walk-through Scanners
A visitor with a medical condition that prohibits him/her from clearing the walkthrough scanner, will be required to submit proper medical documentation indicating such. Should such a visitor not be able to provide the proper medical documentation, they will not be permitted to visit any inmate. Should the visitor provide the institution with the proper documentation, the visitor will be pat-searched. If the visitor refuses to be pat-searched, they will not be permitted to visit any inmate.
When reporting to the institution for a visit please be respectful to all prison staff. Arguing and being disrespectful to prison staff will be grounds for immediate ejection from the prison property.
- You will not be allowed to be on the prison property until 1:00pm and 5:00pm for your visits.
- NO Smoking! You are not permitted to smoke anywhere on the prison grounds, especially in the visitor parking lot area.
- You will not be permitted to enter the institution no earlier than 45 minutes prior to the scheduled visiting time. You will have access to a locker in the lobby area.
- Outside seating for visitors is only permitted on the benches provided. Visitors are not permitted to spread blankets out on the parking lot or grass areas of the prison to lay or sit on.
- You are not permitted to take any personal belongings (purses, coats, tobacco products, etc.) into the visiting area. Items not permitted: Newspapers, books, magazines, food, or drink are not permitted in the lobby area. No cell phones, or any type of electronic equipment, radio’s, etc, and no chewing gum.
- All personal items must be removed and secured in a locker. If you cannot secure your personal items in a locker, do not bring them into the institution. Any items found in an unsecured locker or on top of the locker area, will be confiscated, and discarded. You will then report to the receptionist and log in for your visit.
- You are not permitted to sit on the floor inside the institution.
- You will pass through a contraband detection device and once cleared, be permitted entrance into the inmate visiting area.
- You are subject to an electronic scan and/or pat search prior to entering and exiting the institution. Be advised, K-9 patrols may be on duty at anytime of the day or night.
- You will be permitted no more than one half hour visit.
- You will only be permitted in for one (1) visit per week (Inmates only permitted one visit per week behind the glass).
- Prior to exiting the institution, you will also remove all of your personal belongings from the storage locker.
- Neither Westmoreland County nor the Westmoreland County Prison is responsible for any personal belongings placed in the lockers.
- Once a visit has been completed you must leave the building; no loitering is permitted inside the building or parking lot.
- Parking is permitted in the visitor lot only (left side). If this lot is full, visitors must park at the lot at the bottom of the hill (Manor Parking Lot) and walk up. In addition, there will be no loitering in the lower (Manor) parking lot. At no time is any visitor permitted to park in the staff (employee)parking lot (right side lot, or rear lot spaces).Violators will be ticketed by the Park Police. In addition, your visiting privilege will be suspended for a period of time which will be determined by the Warden.