Farmers Market Program
|| The Senior Farmers’ Market Program provides eligible seniors with checks to purchase produce grown in Pennsylvania. This program, which is sponsored by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, provides eligible individuals four $6.00 checks to use at any participating Farmers’ Market to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables. The checks can be used from June 1 until November 30. Sign-ups are being done through the mail or via email only. Walk-in's will not be accepted. Applications can be submitted online, or a printable version is available to send through the mail.
Residents of Personal Care Homes, Domiciliary Care Homes and Convents are not eligible.
You must be 60 years or older (as of December 31 of the current year), a Westmoreland County resident, and meet income guidelines (up to $23,606 per year for a single person and $31,894 per year for a couple). Income of all individuals residing in a household must be considered. There is a one-time sign-up per season.
Tips for Using Farmer's Market Vouchers:
- There is one-time sign-up per year
- Vouchers can be used in an combination of $6.00 increments. You can use one at a time, all at one time or however you choose.
- Vouchers can only be accepted at Farmer's Markets displaying a sign indicating the vendor is a FMNP participant. Vouchers cannot be used at grocery stores.
- You must sign-up in the county you live-in. However, the vouchers can be used anywhere in the state
- You will not receive change from the vouchers, therefore you may want to spend as close to $6.00 (or whatever amount you're spending) or a little over and pay the difference.
- Vouchers cannot be used to purchase baked goods.
- Do not sign the front of the checks until you are at the Farmer's Market ready to use them. Never sign the back of the check. This is for the vendor.
- Vouchers only valid until November 30.