Military and Overseas Voters

Official Notice of Election for Military and Overseas Voters

This is an official notice of a Primary Election to be conducted on April 23, 2024 in Westmoreland County.  You may register to vote and request an official absentee ballot by using the Federal Postcard Application (FPCA), available at or You may apply for an absentee ballot by submitting your FPCA by fax to (724)830-3152, or by email to: [email protected].

You may request an absentee ballot from this office at any time prior to a primary or election. However, if time does not permit you to receive and return an official absentee ballot, you are also entitled to vote using the Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB). Military electors may also use the FWAB to register to vote and vote simultaneously.

You may use the FWAB to vote for a candidate for all federal, state, and local offices, and ballot initiatives.

To vote, fill out and send in the Voter Information Page (page 2) and Official Backup Ballot (page 3) of the  Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot

To vote for federal, state, and local offices or for ballot initiatives – write the names of candidates or the ballot initiative in the appropriate section of the FWAB.  
  • Under the Federal Offices heading, enter the name or party of the federal candidate you choose.  
  • Under the Other Offices heading, enter the state or local office, and name or party of the candidate you choose.  
  • Under the Ballot Initiative or other items heading, enter the title of the ballot initiative (referendum) you are voting on and write “yes” or “no.” 

NOTE: This notice will be updated with the names of candidates when they become available, and must be consulted regularly because of the possibility that candidate lists may change.

Unofficial List of Candidates