All opportunities for employment in the Westmoreland County Adult Probation and Parole Office are posted on the Westmoreland County Human Resources website when positions are available.
Requirements for employment as an Adult Probation Officer:
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Criminology or related major
- Ability to pass a criminal history and character background check
- Ability to complete Basic Officer Training through PBPP.
- Physical and mental agility necessary to certify Defensive Tactics
- Demonstrated ability to deal with difficult individuals
- Law enforcement, corrections, counseling or social work experience preferred but not required
May be available on a first come first serve basis by calling (724) 830 - 3700