Senior Shared-Ride Transportation Program

The Senior Shared-Ride Transportation Program is funded through PennDOT.
The goal of this program is to provide a reduced fare shared-ride service for persons age 65 and older living in Westmoreland County.


Age 65 and older. Riders must complete an application with Westmoreland Transit, and proof of date-of-birth is required. Acceptable proof includes a Driver’s License, PA Identification Card, Birth Certificate, Baptismal Certificate, Passport, Military Discharge Papers, or PACE Prescription Card. Westmoreland Transit is also known as the Westmoreland County Transit Authority or WCTA, and it is located at 41 Bell Way, Greensburg, approximately one block west of the Courthouse. Once registered, your ID card can be used for discounted taxi and wheelchair accessible vehicle transportation. Your ID card can also be used for free transportation on most public bus services including Westmoreland Transit, Mid-Mon Valley Transit Authority, Allegheny County Port Authority, and many others.

Scheduling trips

: Call 1-800-242-2706 Westmoreland Transit’s regular office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. You may call up to two weeks in advance to schedule a ride. The latest that you may call to schedule a ride for the next day is one day in advance before 4:00 PM, and Monday trips must be arranged by no later than Friday.

Days & Hours of Transportation Services

Monday – Friday: 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM Saturday’s: 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM.

Other Shared-Ride facts:

  • Transportation will be provided within Westmoreland County and to designated areas outside Westmoreland County.
  • Shared-Ride trips may include the pickup and drop off of other riders, and therefore your trip might not go directly to your destination.
  • The call taker will tell you the exact fare for your trip when you schedule your ride.
  • Participants are encouraged to bring the exact fare when they ride.
  • Riders must pay cash on the day of their trip. Fares cannot be billed.
  • Shared-Ride fares are calculated such that the fare the rider pays covers 15% of the total trip cost, and the Shared-Ride program covers the remaining 85% of the fare. For example, if the rider is told that their fare will be $2.00, this is based on the total fare being $13.35; $2.00 is 15% of $13.35, and Shared-Ride will cover 85% or $11.35 of the total fare.
  • Westmoreland Transit provides Shared-Ride transportation through several different contracted transportation providers. After you’ve called Westmoreland Transit to schedule your trip, Westmoreland Transit will notify the provider of your trip through an electronic dispatching system.