Act 13 of 2012
is a comprehensive law that affects Oil and Gas Operations in the state.
- Collects an impact fee on all unconventional wells drilled in the state.
- Creates the Natural Gas Development Program to increase the use of natural gas for transportation.
- Strengthens existing environmental regulations and creates new standards for unconventional well drilling.
- Seeks to improve consistency among local zoning regulations in the state.
The Public Utility Commission is administering most of the law at the state level.
PUC Frequently Asked Questions
Conference Committee Report on HB 1950
- Brief overview of the legislation