Accompanied by custodial parent or guardian for written consent.
· Under 16 years of age
BOTH approval of an Orphans’ Court Judge (signed court order) and accompanied by parent or guardian for written consent.
Prior Marriages (If Applicable)
· Certified copy* of most recent divorce decree in effect for 30 days before applying
· Date of death of former spouse for widow or widowers. *Certified copies of divorce decrees may be obtained in the county/state where the divorce was granted.
Other Information at the Time of Application
Place where both applicants' parents were born, and their present address.
Marriage Ceremony Requirements
State Statute 1503 holds that the ceremony may be performed by :
· Minister, priest or rabbi of any regularly established church or Congregation.
· Magisterial District Judge
· Senior or Active Common Pleas Court Judge
· Mayor of a city or borough.
Marriage Return Filing Requirement
BY: The officiate performing the marriage ceremony WHERE: With the Marriage Department which issued the license, within ten (10) days of the ceremony.
A marriage record will not exist if the officiate who performs the marriage fails to file this document.