Current Roads & Bridges Projects
The Westmoreland County Bureau of Roads and Bridges receives Federal and State funding, including Liquid Fuels and Local Use tax revenue, every year for road and bridge improvements.
- Reconstruction of the Ligonier Street Bridge over Loyalhanna Creek in Latrobe, known as the “Brewery Bridge” started in April 2021 and was completed fully in the spring of 2022
- Engineering is being completed for the superstructure replacement of Puckety Creek No. 5 (Lincoln Beach Road). This bridge is jointly owned with Allegheny County and both counties will share 50% of the costs. Construction is now scheduled for 2023.
- Preliminary engineering is continuing for the replacement of the Fourth Street Bridge located over the Norfolk Southern Railroad in North Irwin Borough. The existing bridge is currently closed due to structural deficiencies. Final design is to start in 2023 with construction anticipated in 2024.
- Preliminary engineering is continuing for the preservation of four County maintained bridges over Loyalhanna Creek in Derry Township, Ligonier Township, and the City of Latrobe. Final design scheduled to begin in 2023.
- Road resurfacing of Mt. Pleasant Road is scheduled for the week of September 26th, from Westland Drive in Hempfield Township, through Unity Township, past the County Fairgrounds, to Brinkerton Road / United Road in Mt. Pleasant Township, 3.7 miles.
- Road resurfacing of Clay Pike (Irwin-Herminie Road) is scheduled for the week of October 3rd between Mars Hill Road (Rillton) and Herminie - West Newton Road 1.4 miles.
- Planning is continuing for a truck wash building at the Public Works facility. The construction of this building is required to meet PA Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) requirements for storm water discharges.
Opens in new window