Additional Information

Special Event Permit

Charity walks, dog shows, bike-a-thons, or any major public events require a Special Event permit in addition to your facility rental. The additional fee is $20 for Westmoreland County residents, $40 for non-Westmoreland County residents. If your event will be held in the immediate area where a pavilion or Activity Center exists, you must reserve and pay for that facility, even if you are not using it as part of your event. A Special Event Permit must be obtained and approved at least 30 days in advance of the event. You MUST call the office at 724-830-3952 for APPROVAL of Special Events before scheduling. 

Special Use and Equipment Rental Permit

You must obtain a Special Use Permit for any of the items listed below at least 4 days in advance of your rental date. Please be aware that Westmoreland County does not provide any Special Use items!
  • Speaker systems, music, DJs, bands
  • Food or Drink Trailer
  • Large tents or canopies
  • Over-sized Grills
  • Port-a-John rental
Limited recreation equipment such as volleyball, horseshoes, boccie and shuffleboard are available at certain pavilions. You may purchase recreation equipment with your facility reservation here

You MUST call the office at 724-830-3952 for APPROVAL of Inflatable Amusements. Note that Inflatable applications will only be processed when accompanied by CERTIFICATES OF INSURANCE.

Wedding Ceremonies

Wedding ceremonies can be held at any pavilion or Activity Center, or at the following facilities: Cedar Creek Park Amphitheater (only with Pavilion 1 rental), Mammoth Park Island, Mammoth Park Overlook, Northmoreland Park Amphitheater (only with Pavilion 8 rental), Twin Lakes Park Island Stage (only with Activity Center rental). Please be aware that Westmoreland County does not provide any wedding supplies or equipment!

Athletic Fields

Softball, baseball, and soccer fields are available for seasonal team practice or games. Please call our office at 724-830-3950 for a Season Field Application.


Geocaching is available in all County-owned Parks, except the Ann Rudd Saxman Nature Park. Please view the Geocaching Policy for rules and regulations. Click here to apply for a Geocaching Permit!


If you encounter any problems while in the parks, please call the Park Police non-emergency number at (724) 830-3567 or contact the park maintenance personnel. For emergencies, please dial 9-1-1.