Will I be paid for my time as a witness?
Yes. You will receive a witness card with your subpoena. Bring your witness card and subpoena with you when you are called to testify. After the hearing, present the witness card to the Clerk of Courts Office on the second floor of the Courthouse Annex. The Clerk of Courts Office will mail your witness fee after the case is concluded.

What happens if I change my mind about prosecuting?
The whole community has a stake in prosecuting wrongdoers. The complaint is now the state's case and it is not in your power to drop the charges. However, if you are experiencing anxiety about testifying, please discuss your concerns with the Assistant District Attorney or Victim/Witness services advocate. They will try to answer your questions or address any problems you may by having.

What should I wear?
You should dress neatly and conservatively.