March for Parks
Saturday, March 24, 2018!
Marches will be held at TWO locations in 2018:
- Twin Lakes Park in Greensburg
- Turtle Creek Extension of the Westmoreland Heritage Trail at the Murrysville Community Center
What is the March for Parks?
The March for Parks (MFP) is an annual event organized by Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation, to have fun while raising funds for park improvements. Funds raised are used to match state and foundation grants, and to leverage other funding from a variety of sources. They have supported substantial improvements to Westmoreland County parks and trails, including construction of an amphitheater, dog park, winter sports area, Boundless Playground, skate park, dek hockey rink, and trails.
How does the MFP work?
Participants can collect donations before the March, either individually or as a member of a team. Many people form teams by organizing friends and family, school/sport/place of worship/work or community groups, or in memory of a loved one. There is friendly competition for recognition as a top fundraising team. Donations may be mailed in, or collected on the morning of the March.
Are there opportunities for businesses or individuals to sponsor the March?
Yes! For businesses seeking a high value promotional opportunity, sponsorship of the March is a way to build substantial goodwill at low cost. Sponsorship is also suitable for an individual or family wishing to make a larger contribution.
- Cedar Creek Park: Dog Park, Winter Sports Area, Accessible Playground, and R.C. Model Airfield improvements
- Mammoth Park: Giant Slide upgrade, Disc Golf Course, Tennis Court and Dek Hockey Court renovations
- Turtle Creek Extension of the Westmoreland Heritage Trail
- Land Acquisition
- ALL PARKS: Improvements to restrooms, parking lots, roads, walkways, and other support facilities
- Wherever most needed
If you can't attend the March, but would still like to contribute, please send a check made payable to
March For Parks
194 Donohoe Road
Greensburg, PA 15601
Download 2018 March for Parks materials (PDF files):