Parks & Trails Photo Contest
Westmoreland County Parks & Recreation Citizens Advisory Board
Amateur Photo Contest Rules and Guidelines
Click here to enter!
1. Photo contest open to all Amateur Photographers (meaning someone who does not engage in photography as their sole profession) in the following categories:
2. Photographs must be taken in a Westmoreland County Park or Trail:
Twin Lakes, Cedar Creek, Mammoth, Northmoreland, Bridgeport Dam, Chestnut Ridge, Ann Rudd Saxman Nature Park, Historic Hanna’s Town, Loyalhanna Gorge Recreation Area, Sewickley Creek Wetlands, Coal and Coke Trail, Five Star Trail, Little Crabtree Creek Trail, Westmoreland Section of Great Allegheny Passage, or Westmoreland Heritage Trail
Any photographs taken in other local parks are not eligible.
3. Photographs can be taken in any season. Please refrain from submitting collages and composite images. Image manipulation shall be limited to cropping and minor color and contrast adjustments. Use of watermarks is prohibited.
4. At least three (3) judges will evaluate each photograph for:
Impact/Wow Factor, Creativity, Style/Technique, Subject Matter, Image Quality and Composition (60 points total)
5. First Place winners of each category will receive $100, and Second Place winners will receive $50. All six (6) winners will be invited to the annual Green Luncheon awards ceremony on September 21, 2017 at Twin Lakes Park.
6. To submit your photographs, upload to the Photo Contest webpage at www.co.westmoreland.pa.us/photocontest. Include the name of the park, the year the image was taken, and the category. You may submit a maximum of ten (10) images, but limit one prize per contestant. Photos must be in .JPEG file format. Deadline for submissions is Friday, September 1, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
7. All photographs become property of Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation and can be used for any promotional purpose. By submitting this application and image, the Applicant also acknowledges that any persons appearing in submitted photograph(s) have given the Applicant and Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation consent for reproduction and promotional use.